Team 23 Swamp Roosters

southGAlefty

JHannah92
southGAlefty
moyehow
duckndeerhuntinRN
Kwaksmoka

Alright fellas its time. I look forward to competing with you guys. Let's mash some heads!

Last edited:

duckndeerhuntinRN

Im Here!!

Alright Im Here..1 week and its time to GET IT ON!!!!
Hey everyone think of a name..dont matter to me..
David

JHannah92

Ok folks its almost time to kill some swamp roosters. Matter of fact, how does Swamp Roosters sound for a name?

duckndeerhuntinRN

good

"Swamp Roosters" is fine with me..
David
Yall huntin private or public..I hunt mostly private but a little public...

JHannah92

I'll be huntin Harris, Chattahoochee, and Marion cos. Mostly private with some public thrown in as well.

Josh

JHannah92

Maybe it's a good sign that the three of us who've posted so far have dead gobblers in our avatars...

Kwaksmoka

Maybe it's a good sign that the three of us who've posted so far have dead gobblers in our avatars...

Make that four of us!

I'm ready to roll, most of my hunting will be in Liberty County, maybe some Bulloch and Candler!

duckndeerhuntinRN

huntin

Yep looks like four for four with pics ...I hunted candler county last year and limited out with some nice thick beards..theres a ton a turkeys there....Matt, I duck hunt down that way(Rhetts and Butler).do you go to ft stewart any.
David

southGAlefty

I'm gonna be mostly hunting private land in Grady County. Never limited out but have only been seriously turkey hunting for 2 years and killed 2 both of those years off our place. I should have limited out last year but misjudged the distance on a tom and didn't take a 35 yard shot when I should have! May also try some public land down here this year if I don't have any luck on our private place.

I do have the benefit of being able to hunt pretty much every day of the season, I'm a full time college student and my earliest class is at noon everyday so that should help. Good luck fellas!

Kwaksmoka

Matt, I duck hunt down that way(Rhetts and Butler).do you go to ft stewart any.
David

I've never hunted Ft. Stewart for turkeys, i've thought about it but never have. I've always heard it gets crazy in there with people walking in on you, driving all over the place etc. I've hunted Rhetts for years for ducks, every duck hunter should try that once on low tide!

Come on Saturday!

Kwaksmoka

Forgot to ask, but does everyone know how to enter a bird? Just want to make sure before we get started, so there won't be any problems. I know i can't afford to make a mistake if i'm going to be able to contribute to Team 23!

southGAlefty

If its the same as last year then yeah I know how to. If anybody has any questions now is the time to get em answered. I can't wait for Saturday to get here, got a conference double header so it's gonna limit my morning but I'll be out there after them!

moyehow

I'm here. I can see I need to find my picture. I will be hunting in pierce county. This is my first time hunting in the turkey challenge. I hope I can conribute to the Swamp Rooster's success. Heard a few gobbling this morning. This is my second year really hunting turkey's hard. Was not able to hunt a lot last year. I'm hoping this year I can have more time to get in the woods.
Sounds like some of you guys aren't too far away from blackshear.
Good luck Sat. Hope to hear some great stories on Monday.

Last edited:

duckndeerhuntinRN

all in

Good deal all of the team is here..do yall want to post a pic each to make sure it works..I will post a pic when I get home..David