Team #38

Arrow3

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" :bounce:if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

mcallum3

present

attachment.php

Attachments

• UGAblanket.jpg
    UGAblanket.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 282

mcallum3

more pics

had a hard time getting the first pic on so i thought i would try again just to make sure i got it down.by the way tatooed archer i thougt it rather ironic we are teamed together (for now??) i also am a welder/fabricator, hows your season looking for birds?i have got 2 hunting clubs that i am in,1 has a good bird population the other has a real good population with several old birds i also have 2 small private tracts with good birds the one in my avator came off of one of the small private tracts, also killed a real nice bird on opening day on public land (oconee NF) last year. going to try that spot again opening day this year. hopefully our third partner will log in. this pic is my public land bird.

Attachments

• 3-24-07_perry_with_turkey.jpg
    3-24-07_perry_with_turkey.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 283

Ricochet

Greetings!

mcallum3,
You don't live far from me. Where do you work, since you're a welder?

I have a couple of small private spots to hunt...1 in Ellijay where I got the above bird (my 1st) and 1 in Murrayville but it doesn't have the turkeys the Ellijay spot does. I also plan to do quota hunts at Dukes Creek WMA and Piedmont NWR the 1st week of the season. Then I have 2 other large private spots in South/Central GA where I plan to hunt on a friend's place and another friend's lease. Also, I might have a couple of other private/lease spots to hunt if things work out. Lastly, I will be going to Nebraska at the end of April for a hybrid Merriam/Eastern (hopefully it will look like a Merriam) on private land.

I would be more than happy to hunt with y'all if we can work it out. This is just my 3rd season hunting turkeys and it would be great to learn from others.

I guess that about covers it for now. :flag:

Ricochet

Well, it looks like our team is official since we all posted up pics...etc. :cool:

mcallum3

I work in athens at a custom sheet metal shop we do mostly stainless steel work and a good bit of alum stuff. I have a spot close to eatonton that is on the oconee nat. forest that i will be trying opening day this year. if either one of you two guys would like to go you are more than welcome. I posted some pics on the normal turkey site of a place in N.C. that i will be hunting this year. if yall get a chance take a look its titled"too many hens?"

Ricochet

I work in athens at a custom sheet metal shop we do mostly stainless steel work and a good bit of alum stuff. I have a spot close to eatonton that is on the oconee nat. forest that i will be trying opening day this year. if either one of you two guys would like to go you are more than welcome. I posted some pics on the normal turkey site of a place in N.C. that i will be hunting this year. if yall get a chance take a look its titled"too many hens?"

Wow, your NC spot looks awesome! :hair:

I was going to hit my Ellijay spot opening day, but that can wait for your Eatonton spot. Is it like that NC spot? :)

mcallum3

not at all, it is public land so nowhere near the numbers, however opening day last year i called up a group of seven with only one hen 3 jakes 3 two year olds so hopefully there will be some three year olds still left. i plan on scouting a couple of days before opening day, i will try to do this from a good distance like i did last year. to keep from bothering them, if you do want to go we will have to get there early. i scouted everyday the week before O/D and never saw a soul but O/D there were trucks everywhere including where i wanted to be. I stopped and talked with the guy and found out that he was going the opposite direction so it worked out. this year i want to be first at that spot.

Ricochet

not at all, it is public land so nowhere near the numbers, however opening day last year i called up a group of seven with only one hen 3 jakes 3 two year olds so hopefully there will be some three year olds still left. i plan on scouting a couple of days before opening day, i will try to do this from a good distance like i did last year. to keep from bothering them, if you do want to go we will have to get there early. i scouted everyday the week before O/D and never saw a soul but O/D there were trucks everywhere including where i wanted to be. I stopped and talked with the guy and found out that he was going the opposite direction so it worked out. this year i want to be first at that spot.

Ah, I see...I figured it might be public land. Well, let me know what the scouting yields and I can change my plans. The Ellijay spot is only 40 or less acres but has lots of turkeys, but they are hard to get on due to the terrain & probably not as many as your NC spot. I figured I would give B-Mobile a try O/D there.

I hope we can score some turkeys early!!! :shoot:

Ricochet

I guess we need to give our team a name. How about? Team Dirt Nap :shoot:

Ricochet

GA strutters sounds good.

mcallum3

that works for me. hey tattooed one, you obviously been putting some thought into the names to pop off several like that.