Team #4

Arrow3

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

hawglips

Banned
HalTurk5-19-0724.jpg

Last edited:

Big Dawg

I'm in.........................

Team #4 all the way. You guys can pick a name. It doesn't matter to me.

Attachments

• gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 205

stiles1682

I currently live in NC also and wont get to go home to GA until a couple of weeks from now. My wife is scheduled to have our daughter this weekend, Tuesday at the latest if she has to be induced. So I will be here at Camp Lejeune for a couple of weeks more. Hopefully I will make it home to GA by the second week of season. But I will be there for 3 full weeks and plan on hunting every day. Love the military for the 30 days vacation a year. Of course Im not going to promise that I will come through with some good birds because I leave that in the lords hands. But he did bless me with 2 nice gobblers last year and I got permisson to hunt that land again this year. But there is one thing I can promise you guys is that I WILL HUNT, and enjoy every minute of it. I got me a blind this year and Im gonna take my bow and my gun and a lunch and camp out. I cant wait. Its in my blood. Heck, I might even take my Newborn Daughter out there with me.:bounce: I hope Im as blessed this year as I was Last Year. Good Luck to you guys. I dont have a clue for the name. One shot One kill! Thats my motto :shoot: What about you Hawglips, you got anything?:huh:

hawglips

Banned
I'll be hunting in TX from 3/31 to 4/5 on a piece of private land I've never laid eyes on. Then I'll hunt the NC season, and if things go well will have a one day hunt in VA to wind things up. I'm trying to line up a GA hunt, but it doesn't look like its in the cards.

Big Dawg, are you hunting the first weekend?

As for names, I don't care. I can come up with a few to get the thinking juices going...

The Jake Busters
Team Whack Um and Stack Um
Team Was That a Gobble
The Thunder Chickens
The Boss Toms
The Longbeards
Jakes R Us
The Longbearded SharpSpurs
Team Roost & Roast
Don't Move
Team Spring Clean-up
The Fullfans
Team Henned Up

How about y'all's first names? Big Dawg? Stiles?

hawglips

Banned
How about y'all's first names? Big Dawg? Stiles?

What I was asking here is, what are y'alls names? I don't see that in your profile...

stiles1682

My first name is Charlie. I may not be on here for a few days because a virus has hit my computer so I may have to crash it and reboot it. And I have no idea of how to do any of that. But maybe I will get it fixed soon. I just paid $60 for an antivirus protection two weeks ago and now this crap happens. But anyway, I like those names "Dont Move" and "Team Spring Cleanup". Those are pretty good. What about you Big Dawg?

hawglips

Banned
Charlie, good to meet you! Looking forward to hearing about the heads you're gonna smash!

Are you going to be hunting just GA this year, or will you also be hunting some in NC?

Good luck getting the computer straightened out!

stiles1682

Ill hunt the NC season when I come back in April. Saw some nice ones this year up here around the base. Im sure I will be trying my luck here as well.

boo

hey charlie i lived in jacksonville for 18 years . man that base is some great hunting. thats were i cut my teeth deer and turkey hunting. verona loop areas LA,KA, was my favorites for turkey and BC,BD down in the swamps for deer. good luck to ya . bobby

Big Dawg

I'm Mark........................

Glad to meet ya'll! I will be hunting this weekend and every chance I get. I will be hunting some WMA's, private land and on the base here. Give me a shout if ya'll need anything.

hawglips

Banned
Mark, glad to meet you!

Charlie, that camo ought to work.

Fellows, I'm a little concerned that I won't have access to a computer to post pictures when I go out to Texas. Do either of you know how to receive a picture on your cell phone, and then post it on here? It's pretty simple. I'd like to get someone's cell phone number so that when I go out there and kill a bird or two, I won't get disqualified for not posting soon enough.

I'll be glad to do the same if either of you need similar assistance.

By the way, I'll be hunting Florida this weekend, so maybe between the three of us, we'll have a bird to post!

hawglips

Banned
Guys, I killed a bird on Friday, but couldn't seal the deal on Saturday. The bird on Saturday was a very respectable character that won the dual and lived to see another day.

stiles1682

Hey Hal, Got any pics of the one you killed? Ill be in the woods for the first time on Saturday. My grandfather-in-law says that he has been seeing alot of them at the property. I hope Im still the only one that hunts it. Im ready and hope I can come through.

hawglips

Banned
Charlie,

Here's a couple pictures of my Florida bird from Friday.

FL08.jpg

Florida08001.jpg

Good luck on Saturday!

Big Dawg

We killed one this weekend ........

.......But I didn't pull the trigger. My son killed a gobble Sunday morning with a 10 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. We got a lot of birds henned up right now but the best is yet to come.