Team #4

hawglips

Banned
Way to go Mark! How old is your son?

Put one on the board for us soon!

Big Dawg

Growing up.....

He is 14. He didn't kill one last year so he was really due. He's already pulled the bones out of the wings to make him a call.

hawglips

Banned
Charlie and Mark,

I'm heading off to TX tomorrow and won't have access to a computer till Mon. 4/6. If I get lucky and kill a bird, and need help posting pictures, I'll let you know via cell phone. My cell is 919-612-2270.

stiles1682

Good Deal, Im in GA and been hunting but the birds just aint responding right now. I have several gobbling around my property but no luck yet. The weather has not been cooperating. I really hope this weather turns them on and I can come through. Im so ready!!

hawglips

Banned
Guys, I just got back from Texas, with nothing to put on the board!

I only killed one jake, and missed a nice one.

It was a great trip, but nothing to contribute to our team effort.

stiles1682

Thats OK. My land still isnt doing me any good either. I hear them gobbling every morning but still they will NOT come to my calls. Usually the turkeys around here stay in these fields but this year all IM seeing in the fields are a few hens and all the Toms are staying accross the road in the hardwoods. I have even left my property a little ways to try and make it a shorter effort for them to come to me. But they just wont. I saw some riding down the road the other day and NONE were strutting. They were just mingled in with the three hens and feeding. My mind is fumbled. This time last year they were coming in from all directions and attacking my decoys. I just wish that I could get at least one to post and also to put in the DEEP FRYER!! Any suggestions???

hawglips

Banned
Can you hunt the hardwoods? I'd try getting as close to possible to their roosting spot. If they are with hens, I'd try soft yelping to try to bring the hens in and try to reposition in front of them as needed. And I'd go dekeless.

stiles1682

I cant hunt the hardwoods. Cant get permission. But I hunt the little stretch of woods accross the road which is about two hundred yards from where their roosting. I tried soft yelping the oter day but nothing. They went their normal route which is accross the hill in the hardwoods. The hens are starting to split cause I see them a few at a time by their selves. Do you think its about to start getting better for me?? I only have a little over a week left.

hawglips

Banned
Yeah, if you are starting to see hens by themselves, then they are getting solitary to nest and the toms should be out hunting for hens to breed more often. That'll make them easier to call in and more willing to work.

hawglips

Banned
Either of you fellows hunting this weekend?

I'm hunting NC on Saturday, if the weather doesn't keep me home.

We need to put some birds on the board...

hawglips

Banned
Killed this one today.

9.5" beard, longest spur 7/8"
20 lbs. 9 oz.

4-12-08010.jpg

4-12-08011.jpg

4-12-08002.jpg

4-12-08004.jpg

4-12-08005.jpg

hawglips

Banned
Keep after them Mark. It'll break your way at some point.

stiles1682

Man I have hunted my property nearly everyday but the birds just wont come accross the road. Im so frustrated. Im almost positive someone has somthing overthere to keep them there. Like a feeder or somthing. I dont know what to do. Ive hunted harder this year than any other year. Its just not working out for me. Congratulations on your bird. Its beautiful. Ive got a few more days here for the GA season before I go back to NC. Hopefully I can seal the deal on at least one.

hawglips

Banned
Charlie, are they still not gobbling?

If they aren't, it could be that there is an aggressive dominant bird is in the area that has everybody else hush-mouthed, and hesitant to come to decoys. If there is a feeder over there where you can't hunt, they won't be hanging out at it all day, but should be moving around.

What kind of decoys have you been using? Have you tried going without decoys? Quite often subordinate birds will shy away from them, especially if they are running scared due to a big guy in the vicinity kicking their butts.

Big Dawg

Still struggling....................

This might be my toughest season ever. Maybe I can turn my luck around soon.I am just not hearing any gobble. Ya'll go kill'em!

hawglips

Banned
Hang in there. Maybe your fortunes will change before the season's done...

hawglips

Banned
Guys. I'm done. My season is over.

Latest posts