Team #44---"Southern Assassins"

Arrow3

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" :bounce:if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

kcausey

Banned
Alrighty then, i'm here...fresh off a freight train...

100_0185.jpg

here's my opening day weapon of choice...
deer093007018.jpg

Last edited:

gordoshawt

What kind of picture do you want? I also have one of me dancing.

Lets do it.

Photobucket

QuackAddict

Whats up guys? I'm J.R. Turkey hunting is one of my favorites and I have access to some prime places with BIG gobblers. Hopefully I can contribute a couple of limbhangers. I just might have to take my bow too opening weekend. I usually like to get one on the ground before trying that though. I'll miss April 3rd-15th for diving and fishing/spearfishing in Costa Rica but hope to have a couple on the ground by then. I'll hunt Jasper and Newton opening weekend and Thomas/Grady the next. Where will you guys be opening day?

Not good with coming up with names. Something to do with bowhunting???:huh:

Attachments

• costarica_mahi_double.jpg
    costarica_mahi_double.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 160
  • dan_denton_group_120807.jpg
    dan_denton_group_120807.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 146
  • costarica_fish002.jpg
    costarica_fish002.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 147

QuackAddict

I like turkey huntin, duck huntin, and any other huntin.

What about Team ****uckin?

I would be happy to consider other lame ideas as well...

kcausey

Banned
I'll be hunting twiggs county opening day. i have a few other connections elsewhere and know ocmulgee wma pretty well...also berry creek archery area.....I don't have a name off the top of my head, but i know it needs to be something original.
Kip

kcausey

Banned
Ok, i'll throw team name out there......
****Southern Assassins****
let me know what yall think.....it just came to me....my favorite call is a glass/slate call called the Carolina Assassin.
kip

gordoshawt

sorry I have not been around. I like the name. I have'nt had much time to think. You guys getting after it this weekend?

QuackAddict

I am definitely getting after it. I am going to take the bow and the shotgun and hope to get one real close. I won't be passing on any long beards, I just hope to get a monster on the first try! I had one strutting in front of the tractor last week that didn't run off until I got 50 yards away. Maybe I should hunt from the tractor?

gordoshawt

Hunt from the truck that what I do. (joke)

But really good luck to yall. Hopefully I will fair better this year than I did last year. Had some decoys spook a few.

QuackAddict

Sometimes out of the truck is where you see the big ones.

That's why I have quit using decoys unless I am just sitting and calling for a while.

kcausey

Banned
Well....i had the best possible morning for not killing one. I heard about 10-12 different birds. Bumped two longbeards off roost as i was setting up at what i felt like was 150 yards.....but it was more like 60 yards. Anyway, it will be monday before i can get back out there, but i can't wait!

QuackAddict

I got one this morning. I didn't measure him yet but he looks about 10 inches and 1 1/8" spurs. The only time I heard him gobble was at 9:15 when he gobbled at a firetruck siren. Will have pics Monday.

gordoshawt

Good job. No luck for this guy.

You get him w/a bow or SG?

QuackAddict

I shot a whopper this morning in Jasper Co. He had 4 beards that were 11 2/8", 6 1/2, 6/12, and 1 1/2. His spears about 1 1/8" but need a different tape for more accurate measure.

Any luck?

Last edited: