Team #44---"Southern Assassins"

kcausey

Banned
Good Lord!!! Sounds wonderful bud......I set up yesterday about 130pm and had a hen at 5-10 yards for over an hour......she was soft yelping and clucking at my b-mobile and hen decoy.....I just knew HE would be there soon.....i was on a strut zone.......then, all the sudden i hear this God awful wind blowing sound........a dadgum falcon came screaming in and tried to kill the hen....I guess it was a falcon....wasn't a hawk......this joker was 3 times the size of that hen...............she limped off and putted for over an hour......hunt was over after that............I'll go 2-3 times this week.
Good luck to yall.
KIP

gordoshawt

Didn't get a chance to go yesterday. I will be heading out Wednesday morning.

gordoshawt

Went out this morning and had one within 15 yards. All I could see was the head for about 2 seconds. I don't know what spooked it off, but something did.

kcausey

Banned
heading to the turkey woods for the next 3 days......i am off work until april 22nd.....hopefully i can assassinate some longbeards!

gordoshawt

Had 3 birds gobbling off the roost this morning. HAd one fired up for about 40 minutes or so that must have been hung up on something. May try and go back in the morning to cut the distance. I did not see a need to go try and get him. He will be there again.

gordoshawt

Heading out in 4.5 hours. I have the week off so hopefully I will bag one. I have had a couple close calls, but nothing more than that. I have three roosted where I am going tomorrow.

How have you guys been doing?

kcausey

Banned
I have been waiting on the weather....they started cutting 70 acres adjacent to my best spot....my birds were actually roosting on that property......ruined all the good turkey hunting.

QuackAddict

Hey guys, I didn't make it back out after vacation and got caught up in a lot of other things. Sorry for flaking out on you guys.

We'll get em next year.