Team 7 - "Strut Stoppers"

mauser64

Howdy boys. Joel Crook here. It's almost time to stop talkin and start huntin! Check in when you get a chance.

Last edited:

sman

Scott checking in. On a mobile phone, will post more later.

jleepeters

Joey here, hey Joel, looks like we are pretty close, maybe we can get together and bust some noggins

sman

Still not home guys, but let me ask one very important question:

DOES EVERYBODY KNOW HOW TO ENTER A BIRD?

Please if you don't know how speak up now and we can help.

jleepeters

thats a good thing to make sure of sman, im going to print the thing out and keep it in my truck just to make sure I do everything right.

mauser64

No worries on the entry. jlee we're close alright, I have a place close to town here that is either like shooting fish in a barrel OR like trying to kill one on the moon. Just have to wait and see how they are working in the area. My other place is in Warren cty but is a "no visitor" kind of place. I have been down to BF Grant several times lately and seen good sign but I hear it may be extremely crowded early on.

sman looks like you are down near the salt pond. You do any fishing on the coast?

jleepeters

Mauser I have a place on doster road but not many birds, I also hunt BF Grant a good bit and have a few places that I hardley ever saw any trucks last year, bad thing is you cant hunt it first week. I also have a place over in Bishop, I have to go check it out bc this is the first year I have had it, but the land owner said he sees them in his back yard almost daily

mauser64

I'm not far from doster rd. They move around alot in that area.

jleepeters

yeah i have seen a few passing thru and down the road, its just makes them even harder to hunt.

Ok so wheres the rest of our team at?

bowtie

i am here....just got in from the road...truck driver....but don't worry ...i have most of the month of april off....been getting some on trail cams...looking good so far....bout to leave to check the cams...here is a picture of a double beard i got my eyes on...love to have him mounted

Attachments

• DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 283

mauser64

Go git him bowtie. I went out listening this am and heard not a sound. Go figger.

sman

Hey guys, I am at a computer now. I am a sales rep for a company out of NJ, so like Bowtie I do a lot of traveling as well. I make my own schedule so during turkey season I usually call on clients near WMA's during the week.:flag:

I have done a little guiding for a place just outside of Eastman, but have already gave them a heads up to count me out this year.

As far as turkeys, I usually limit out every year. Last year I killed a grand total of 0. The only birds I saw were ones that clients killed in Eastman. I had zero gobblers to hunt here around the house.

This year looks promising though, I have been to listen twice. I went yesterday and Thursday and heard birds both times. Plus I have a buddy that farms for a living who has a couple of birds at both his farms this year. I need a redemption year.

We still waiting on one more, but so far I like this team.:banana:

sman

Bowtie that is a nice bird, looks like you can see his spurs in that pic as well. Looking good to me.

I have killed 2 with double beards. Decided I would mount the second one because one of his spurs were 1 1/2" and the other was 1 3/8". So I put him in the freezer at the my dad's lake house on Sinclair. Well the thing goes out. As bad as I wanted to get that bird out of the freezer, i couldn't do it. Everything turned to soup in there. It was in a little shed so we didn't know it had went out for like a week or two.

If we do a BF Grant hunt during the week, I might can make it. Stay at the lake on night. Our house is on the Eatonton side of the steam plant off of 441. On Rooty Creek, the big white house with the red tin roof.

bowtie

smile

Attachments

• DSC00598.jpg
    DSC00598.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 269

jleepeters

sman, I can make a few BF Grant hunts during the week, I took off March 30th and April 1st, we are off on the 2nd for good friday and then I am off again april 14, 15, and 16th, so if you are around then maybe we can get together one morning or two for a hunt

jleepeters

I have a small tract of private land about 5 miles from BF Grant also that no one hunts, nor does any one around it hunt turkeys.

Bowtie you got some good looking birds there, hope you get em all

sman

10-4, sounds good, we may have to try it out.

Bowtie, it is looking good for you!!!

bowtie

just as long as they keep coming.....just a couple more days....