Team #8 "Long Spur"

mtstephens18

Lets see, why did I join the challenge....
To meet folks that enjoy turkey hunting.
To discuss our hunts.
To have something to do as a team.

We all did that so, my goals where meet.

Matt U may need to find a new area to hunt, sounded like there where no birds there to hunt. Its kinda hard to kill what is not there. I've been to places like that & I can't kill whats not there.

I may not play next year either, I've gotten carried away with it & need to slow down. I needto hunt with my Dad more til he kills a turkey. Came close. I enjoy going with BkW & need to do that more. I need to watch ol bshadrick shoot one with me there.

I'm not the best turkey caller,but I don't do to bad. I can go to new ground and compete with ol Mr. Tom.
No custom calls or fancy turkey gun. ( wish I had them lols)
Diapham by "Pecker Wreaker" all of them worked great.
Heavy #7s worked great.

Enjoyed it.
k

You're absolutely right. That's the reason I get in is to meet people and to have fun. I did have a very tough year but I did get to see my dad kill one, he has had a 3 year dry spell also, so that made up for it. I had hoped to have a piece of private or a club to hunt by turkey season and it just didn't work out. Hopefully we can find a club in the next couple of months. We have been on a couple of clubs the last few years but they either had very few deer or very few turkeys and we didn't have one at all this year and ended up hunting only public land. I love public most of the time, but this year, it was like none of the secluded spots I hunt had any birds at all. All the birds were close to main areas and hunted very heavily. It's also seemed in the last two years that the number of turkey hunters had exploded around here for some reason. In years past, you could about go anywhere you wanted on public after the second week, and wouldn't see a soul. And the last two years, these places have been loaded with people all the way up to the last day. Don't know what's going on and not complaining, just observation

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Ok guys just wanted to say I enjoyed teaming up with y'all , we made a good run at it and most of all got to know each other , somewhat , hope to keep in contact , the good lord willing maybe we can do it again next year !!!