Team #85

Arrow3

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" :bounce:if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Wooo Hooo team Ocho Cinco in the house baby................................:bounce:

Attachments

• turkey pic redone(574 x 625).jpg
    turkey pic redone(574 x 625).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Webbslinger

Hello Team - We are going to smoke some birds!!!

Yes Sir,
Can hardly wait to get it going. Hope to communicate often w/ you guys - we will do very well in this event. :smash:

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

Webbslinger

What about a few good name ideas;

Team HOO OWLS
Boss Talkers
Spring Cleaners
Cacklin Spur Hoppers

Just brain storming for fun...

GobbleAndGrunt78

I'm hear fellas! My name is Ben. 912-660-0491, feel free to give me a shout! Let's hammer some longbeards! :flag: Hey Unicoidawg, you need to post a picture in here to validate our team.

Team name, hmmmmm.....

Dirty Talkin' Hens
Limbhanger Bangers
The Bushwackers

4-14-07-6.jpg

Webbslinger

My name is Webb, most people call me Webbslinger. 770 990 3591, feel free to give me a shout. I love talking turkey and travel to chase them. I am on the east side of Atlanta.

Webbslinger

G&G do you hunt at Fort Stewart? I hear there is some fine hunting on the Post, I have been there 3-4 times doing inspections. I am fresh out the Air Force working Civil Service at Fort Gillem in Atlanta area. Country Boy by trade!!!

GobbleAndGrunt78

Yeah, I'm a Ft Stewart hunter mostly. The bird I posted in here was last years FS bird. I may have a couple extra areas other than FS to hunt this season, so maybe I'll find a honeyhole. Them FS birds can be tough and stubborn sometimes. :banginghe I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 22ND.....ONE WEEK!!!!

Webbslinger

Cool,
Just a few more days to polish up calling techniques for the season opener - I will be watching videos this week just to get that last bit of motivation to be out there all I can. My thought is to start out in West Point, GA or Morgan County. Good luck to you guys and hopefully we will have some birds to post - almost sure we will!!!

GobbleAndGrunt78

Alrighty guys....tomorrow is the big day! I'm sure I won't sleep much tonight. Good luck guys!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I haven't heard a thing, much less seen one.............:huh:

GobbleAndGrunt78

I scored today at 1:35PM today. It isn't a beast of a bird, but is a solid score. 8 2/8ths beard, 7/8ths spurs (17 points). Do ya'll want me to enter it in contest? I think we should enter any decent bird, I'm sure alot of teams will not enter certain birds and it will cost them in the end.

Turkey3-29-09-3.jpg

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Sweet...........nice bird. Considering I haven't heard or seen a dang thing :banginghe, heck ya enter it. Congrats

GobbleAndGrunt78

Ok, it's entered. Where is Webb at?
I played peek-a-boo with hens all day today, no gobblers.

Webbslinger

Hey fellas sorry for being so quiet - I went TDY to Florida the past week or so and am back and ready to hunt. I have been 3 times and no gobblers, only hens. I have battled several and even had them come in to my boots but no tom in tow. Bomber!! I guess I was skunked. I will be out there all weekend as the weather permits and hopefully will score. Congrats G&G, hope to add another to our team soon. Good luck guys! We have a lot of hunting to do & birds to register.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Heard 3 this am and worked one............Sap sucker had me pinned in a bad set up. I tried to move to a better set up when he moved off a bit and I think he saw me..............O well it was fun

GobbleAndGrunt78

I picked up a B-Mobile gobbler decoy tonight at Bass Pro. It was on sale for $59 (reg $69) AND I had a $10 off coupon from BPS Prefered Rewards. I wanted one last year, but never did get one. The sale and coupon just made the deal too sweet to pass. I hope it works! :flag:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Be careful with that thing...........................I have a pretty boy and won't use it on public lands.