Team #85

Webbslinger

Hey guys I just entered a bird. I took one yesterday and it was a great hunt. I was in birds all weekend long and rolled 2. i submitted the better of them and have more time to hunt now and may get another - next round of hunts will be in AR/MS

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Atta boy Webb..................I have seen a grand total of one hen..............:banginghe
Gonna keep at it though......

GobbleAndGrunt78

Good deal, going to look now.

NICE BIRD! You didn't even get the beard stretched out good, it would've been over 10 1/2!

Unicoidawg......better tighten up man.....just kidding!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Boys these mountain birds are a whole different ballgame:banginghe
I'm up and trying again this am:crazy:

Webbslinger

I knew it was longer should have pulled it straight. Hope to get another this weekend...

GobbleAndGrunt78

I had a bird in range the other day, but didn't realize it. He came into the knee-high food plot I was setup on. I watched him for 20 minutes and he got within "60-65yds"......or so I thought. I caught a few glimpses of his beard and it was LONG. He eventually left the plot showing no interest in my decoy. A little while after he left, I stood up only to realize he had only been about 40yds out. I think the knee-high grass made me severely misjudge the distance while sitting down......what a sick feeling in my gut. :banginghe

Webbslinger

Awww Man!
It happens from time to time, when it is hard to judge the distance. I will be back out there this weekend and hopefully can call one up to visit my Mathews Bow.

GobbleAndGrunt78

Hey guys, I scored again! I posted him in the kill thread. He is my biggest bird yet at 20lbs! He has a 10.5 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. The score for him will be 20.5. :)

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Congrats.........................

Still trying but no luck yet. I haven't even heard one since the first week.:banginghe

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Well Boys I finally heard one....................................... I heard him till he went quiet with a load of #6's:cool:
Good 2 year old bird
18.4 lbs
9 1/2 beard
both spurs 1 inch even

Attachments

• S5000225.jpg
    S5000225.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 62

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Looks like 15th overall.............................
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=203349

Unless the numbers are wrong looks like we're 14th but 15th on the list for some reason........................O well like it matters anyhow