Team #86...Team Thunder Chicken

mauser64

Unfortunately my daughter's softball season is in full swing now and Saturdays at least and some Sundays are shot from here on out. The only weekend hunts I get now are very short and are on the way to the ball park. Give me a day or two notice if you can get out during the week and we'll go. I got my butt kicked AGAIN by the same bird this morning. That makes 3 time this year. He roosts in an impossible place to get to unseen, light or dark and refuses to answer or come to a call. He gobbled 100 times this morning at crows, geese, dogs, trains, car horns whatever. He flies down in open pines and stands there and waits, if a hen won't show up he turns and walks away. I've watched him do it and it is almost comical. I can get within 100 yards and he moves off 100 yards. I move up 75, he comes back 25 and hangs up. If you put a decoy out he runs off immediately. He came in opening morning silent and I was out of position, that may have been my big chance on him this year!

dorkmen

Well one weekend left going to try a new spot. I have been sick and my son has been sick so not much hunting lately.

mauser64

No more luck for me this season. I had plenty of close calls with my nemesis in Morgan county but he won every time. Enjoyed it and stay in touch,

J. Crook.

dorkmen

It has been good. It was an exciting first season for me I really enjoyed myself. maybe we can get together for deer season.

I had my best chance the last saturday of the season and the bird still had a hen with him. He went back and forth from the field to the woods 4 times but never in range. Watched him strut every time he entered the field with the hen either in front or right behind. It sucked to say the least, sorry I let you fellas down just not a great season for me at all.

dorkmen

I had a great time a learned a lot. You gentlemen added a lot to the experience for me. I thank you and maybe we can hit the woods some time.