Team #86...Team Thunder Chicken

mauser64

Heard 3 opening morning, blew a chance at 1 of those. Since then have heard only 1 during mid-day on Tues. My good small spot close to the house has been completely surrounded by hunters this year and myself and the birds are feeling it. Going to Warren county this weekend. Good luck to you guys this wknd.

dorkmen

Got the CBF here in Macon on Saturday morning (Pink Pancakes)but i will head out to Cedar Creek, ONF, or Oaky Woods on Sunday morning.

mauser64

We're on the board boys. Got a good one this am in Warren county. 11 in beard 1 in spurs 18-20 lbs or so. I actually got him posted on the kill thread without crashing my computer. Check him out, he is on page 2.

Way to go buddy, things are looking good for me in the morning. Got some new property near the house, went this morning. I had bird gobblin there heads off but couldn't find a way across the river. Well went and roost some this afternoon, by some I mean some where between 5 - 7 different birds. 3 of those birds are roosted in the same tree with a nice mature bird about 50 yards away. This property has never been turkey hunted, and the neighboring property owners dont hunt either. I got it made in the shade baby, come on tomorrow morning. These bird where begging to die, I will grant there wish in the morning, hopefully.

dorkmen

CongradulationsM-64. GL G-83.

I am headed to Houston County SP tomorrow morning.

mauser64

Don't shoot em out of the trees GB, at least not this early in the season. Hope you got one of those. It sure is easier to get up and go when you know where they are.

Say, how do I get one of those fancy Thunder Chicken pictures by my name? I feel like the red-headed step child without it!

dorkmen

well not my first turkey:cry: but my first ever hog(piglet):banana:. Heavier than it looks;). Good thing I did not shoot the big one or I never could have gotten it out:whip:.

Attachments

• P1020754 128x160.jpg
    P1020754 128x160.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 156
  • P1020755 128x160.jpg
    P1020755 128x160.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 159
  • P1020759 128x160.jpg
    P1020759 128x160.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 155

mauser64

Don't think he went wee wee wee all the way home!

mauser64

Any luck for you guys this weekend? The weather around Madison was awful, I did not go out at all. Maybe everybody else stayed away as well and gave the birds a rest. Our score finally got posted to our team #. Looks like all three of us will need to limit out to have a chance so we better get crackin! Good luck.

Luck is one thing I dont have at this point, I have been hunting my behind off and nothing. And to add to all that buisness is picking up so my hunting is limited to weekends only. That is very good, but sucks that I am limited on hunting. Good luck you guys, I will be a mad man this weekend looking for that almighty Thunder Chicken.

Jode

dorkmen

I have been hunting the PNWR yesterday and today:whip:. I herd him gobble this morning, but he flew down in the other direction.:banginghe Then another gobbled five times:banana:. I found his tracks and the trail he uses.:smash: I will be out dark and early tomorrow to secure my spot and get in the woods under darkness:hair:. The hunting pressure is picking up:huh:. I hope I get him tomorrow:shoot:.

When the second gobbled all the hair on my body stood up and my heart pounded:eek:. Sounded like thunder:cool:. He had a six inch spread per foot:biggrin3:. I hope that makes him a big one:biggrin2:.

dorkmen

Sorry guys I got bushed whacked and overrun.
I was in position and set up at 0515. He gobbled once at dawn. I saw him about 350 yards away in a tree. I did a light purr he gobbled and faced my way. Then an owl hooter went off, then another, then a guy pulled up around 0730 a guy got out. The driver started off then HONKED his horn!!!! He yelled I will pick you up around 1100. I looked back in the direction of the bird. not in sight and not another gobble. I stayed until 1045 to see if he would come back.

Only positive part is I found his escape path. I will set up on that trail early tomorrow.

mauser64

If he keeps roosting in the same spot go there late in the day and get him when he goes to roost. It's not as much fun but chances are all those yahoos won't be there.

dorkmen

:cry: The bird i have been hunting was shot this morning at 0750 by a middle aged man rom Atlanta. The bird was 24 pounds.:yawn:

dorkmen

Anyone interested in trying to get a hunt together on the weekend of May third and fourth? It would not matter to me where we hunt at (Public or Private).

mauser64

I can't go that weekend. If you can get a morning during the week between now and the end of the season you're welcome to come up and hunt with me.

dorkmen

I can look at my schedule. Week days are hard for me but not impossible. I think a Friday or Wednesday before the end of the month might work. Are their any other weekends that are possible?

Latest posts