Telfair County

roscoe54

Chad locals told me do not trust... J.W... has been know to lease land saying its 200 acres only to find out its 150 acres.

chrisw1073

As usual, Thanksgiving week was slow again. Does, does, and more does, and only one buck. Happens every year. Beginning to run out of time for me, but my main goal this year was to get my wife her first buck, and I did that.

bonecollector123

I don't know how we missed the rut unless it was during bow season. I really haven't seen any sign of it to speak of.

bonecollector123

Well I sat all day today and only seen a button buck. I did get more pictures of the 10 point and now his tarsels are black

chrisw1073

I did not make it up this weekend. Last weekend I had a young six following a doe. It's been a weird season. There are plenty of deer on my small 150 acres, but no mature bucks have been seen yet. The normal rutting dates produced nothing, and know I'm seeing bucks tending does in early December. Only a few weekends left to make it happen.

bonecollector123

It hasn't changed on my place I moved out of the bottom I have been sitting on into this 5 acre clearing between 2 hardwood fingers that go from a creek almost all the way across my land. I sat all day and didn't see anything. I know they are there I get a lot of pics but all at night. This little cove type piece of timber is tucked between the fingers. My wife happened on it I am thinking of planting the whole thing if I keep it.

chrisw1073

Headed back up today for a few days. Maybe the secondary rut will be stronger than the primary. We talked to the owner of the 3500 acre "pay per hunt" preserve that borders our property on three sides. We asked him how the rut treated him this year. He answered, "what rut"? Seems they have encountered the same situation as everyone else I have talked to in Telfair county. I thought maybe I had just missed the most active days, but these guys are in the woods all week.

dmedd

I saw a good many bucks out cruising and following does the first two weeks of November. I also saw a decent buck out cruising Thanksgiving morning.

bonecollector123

I finally got the 10 pointer I have been chasing all year on Saturday evening. I dropped him off to the processor across from my house and the head is going to south Georgia taxidermist. The processor said last week he seen 5 different bucks chasing. My buck was headed straight to a tinks scent bomb. When he got wacked with a Hornady 243 bullet

bonecollector123

I might hold on to it now. Sometime between Nov23rd and when I shot him he got in a fight and broke one of his brow tines

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 151
Camper for sale

Greetings Dodge County and surrounding area hunters, I am looking to sale my 1999 Springdale Lite camper. Lot of new upgrades to include gas/electric 6 gal hotwater heater, water pump, roof vents and garnish, bath surround, tub and faucets. Camper roof and seams have been sealed and coated. Let me know if any of you or someone you know may be interested. Price $5700.00 I know there is a swap and sell I just thought I would ask on this thread since camper is in Dodge County currently.

Thanks

Latest posts