Tennessee fined $8mil and Pruitt show cause

BuckNasty83

Ouch!

I thought 10rc would have better lawyers than that?!?
That was actually a light punishment. 2 scholarships a year and vacated wins from a coach that was under .500 win % And the 8 million is 4 million less than the 12 million Pruitt wanted from his buyout.

BuckNasty83

Only 2 scholarships a year could prove to be the end of Coach Hopeful. His offense got exposed as the gimmick it was in Athens last year. I would imagine the rest of the SEC seen that as well. #coachhopefulisjustalittlebetterthanpruitt
What is this gimmick you speak of? Is speed and no huddle a gimmick? No it's a tactic. That's like saying Bama and Ga are gimmicky cause their roster is loaded 3 deep with talent and can rotate fresh guys in constantly. It simply prevents the tag team. Football is football, the players still have to read their guys and make plays. Why should a team have to wait for opposing teams to get ready, sub in fresh guys and wait for them to read a formation before the ball can be snapped?

No one exposed them, there was nothing to expose. Everyone knew we had no depth, everyone knew our secondary was crap. Ga simply out talented us in a hostile environment that Kirby publicly pleaded for the fans to create. Which tells you, he took Tennessee serious. If that game was in Knoxville who knows what happens.

SC attacked our weakness and took advantage of a situation where defensive players either opted out or got benched that game. As they should have. Not to mention, Rattler absolutely played like a stud in that game.

Tennessee has been self imposing scholarship reductions since Heup started coaching, that's why they limited it to what it was, as they gave credit for self imposed reductions. On top of that, they booted every player that received "benefits" from the Pruitt staff and, in all, lost over 30 players. He's been handicapped by depth since his arrival and far exceed expectations. I may be wrong, but I think he's only had 65 on scholarship. 2 a year actually helps in contrast to what he's been doing.

brownceluse

@BuckNasty83 So what your telling us is that y'all beat Bama because UT had more talent than Bama? Listen, That game in Athens would've have a complete and total beatdown of Vols. UT was lucky it started raining. When it did rain the Dawgs ran the ball at will. The scoreboard wasn't a complete open glass of how epic UT got man handled. Kirby takes every game seriously. The problem is the player's don't. Also, Ainge ran his suck about Athens town. Another epic example of the delusional fan base in Knoxville. You go right on ahead and think all you want about Coach Hopeful. You will be disappointed as usual. The gig is up on that offense. Go Dawgs!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Darnell Washington took some of that TN cash I see… prob gave it back after committing to the G though.
If FSU didn’t owe Willie another 4.5 million this year like last, they could afford some things.

Look at the bright side. This is the last year FSU still owes him.

Browning Slayer

This only happened at Tennessee, nothing to see here. They only go to Georgia for the awesomeness.
Funny how you cheaters turned in Alabama while money was flowing in Knoxville.

They go to UGA to win. Something that doesn’t happen in Knoxville.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
This only happened at Tennessee, nothing to see here. They only go to Georgia for the awesomeness.
Yes, sir! Awesomeness! Development and winning helps, too. They know that’ll help them get to the NFL. I think most of these guys who are serious about getting to the NFL are going to choose a school like Georgia, where they know they’ll be better prepared. Sadly, some of these kids are more concerned about the NIL money.

Browning Slayer

Let’s not forget how pathetic Vol fans are.
maxresdefault.jpg

0c31625b-b747-49d8-9ef8-f37549015b36-USATSI_16973644.jpg