Tennis elbow/archers elbow

Hamer174

Anyone ever dealt with this?? I'm having bad pain in my elbow on my bow are. Not sure what to do about it

7Mag Hunter

Several companies make an elbow strap, or
bandage......it will help, but the only thing that will cure tennis elbow is rest......
2-3 weeks off of shooting will help, but it will come back....lower draw weight will also help,
but rest is the only remedy unless you tear
the ligament, then surgery may be required....
If it is severe now , its time to go see an Ortho Doctor...
I had to stop shooting for a year...

Hamer174

That's not what I wanted to hear. I took a week off and shot some tonight with a tennis band on. Still felt some pain but now it not that bad.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Not what any of us wanted to hear, but that's how it is.
Rest is the only cure. If you continue to use it full force it will get worse. If you continue to use it at reduced force it will lengthen the recovery time.

devils12

Do you drink a lot of milk or eat a lot of dairy? I thought I was getting arthritis and I stopped dairy. Noticed a BIG difference in a week!

7Mag Hunter

I was shooting 70lb PSE 45% let off (1982), and
tore ligament...Used what the Dr called an air cast,
or strap with pad, just below my elbow....Had to
quit shooting(and bow hunting) for a year, and
bought a 2nd target bow, set at 30 lbs and eventually started shooting and increased to
60lbs on my PSE hunting bow..
Good luck.....

j_seph

17028865.jpg

It helps a lot as well

scottc

I got it a few years ago from pulling arrows out of the targets. I got a puller and changed my technique. It flaires up occasionally, but for the most part I have been pain free. Rest and ice will help as well.

Hamer174

Yeah I've been resting. Shot a little last night and it wasn't near as bad. I came off a turn on my draw weight. We are gonna see how it does. It's not to bad during the day and normal activities only when I shoot really