Best bow target

lildorris00

Its time for me to replace my bow target. Whats the best target for the price? Anyone have any recommendations?

georgia_home

for field points, I’ve found that old couch cushions work well. 3 in a big trash bag. They’ll last a while for normal practice. Can be rotated a couple times. The fill is clean, so arrows are to, unlike hay bales. use until you start to get passthru. A piece of tape in the middle as a reference

easy to move and carry for random range targets in the woods/field for practice in more realistic situations.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That bone collector foam target for about $60 is fantastic! It’ll stop anything including most crossbows with broadheads. Durability is NOT there, but for the price it’s awesome. After I destroyed the center of my two, I turned them sideways. I have a new blackout for FPs, but still shooting the broadheads in the Bone Collector……..besides, I love all things Micheal Waddell!

Ajohnson0587

Block target, bought one back in march and it’s holding up great. I’ve been shooting 5-10 broadheads into it, 4-5 days a week since the beginning of July. No issues so far. Can’t shoot a bag target with the new bow, because I’m burying arrows to the fletchings

BDD

Do you plan on moving it? If so this one’s not for you. Also, you need
To be consistence with your shots. I shoot a 400FPS crossbow, and it stops
The bolt without a problem and field points or razer heads pull right out.
It’s the larger then 5 gal. (tall) bucket that pool chemicals some in, packed full of wet sand.
I cut out the lid and put in a few layers of cardboard to hold the sand in then put the lid back on,
when you lay it down to shoot into it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230906_101521.jpg
    IMG_20230906_101521.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230906_101532.jpg
    IMG_20230906_101532.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 21

killerv

That bone collector foam target for about $60 is fantastic! It’ll stop anything including most crossbows with broadheads. Durability is NOT there, but for the price it’s awesome. After I destroyed the center of my two, I turned them sideways. I have a new blackout for FPs, but still shooting the broadheads in the Bone Collector……..besides, I love all things Micheal Waddell!
Bow shop had some on discount for 30 bucks and I picked one up, just put it up when done, sun degrades them pretty quick. I imagine broadheads would make quick work of one, but fields and you remember to put it up when done should last a while

killerv

I bought the nicer tan block target last season when BPS had them on sale for 75 bucks. It's been wonderful and holding up great. I'd probably by one again at full price if I needed one.

I did buy one those big shooter 3d buck targets from BPS this weekend for my son to shoot. He's pulling about 40lbs. Fine for him but it hardly stops my arrows, they are sticking out the other side.

ASH556

I've gone through Blocks pretty quickly. Same with the Yellow Jacket bags. I bought the Rinehart RhinoBlock back in 2021 and it's still going strong. 99% of the time I shoot the same side and have yet to have an arrow pass through. A lot of my practice is 20yd Vegas 3spot face, which wears out the areas behind the spots. This one holds up great. I also like that the core is replaceable. You can shoot it with FP's or BH's. I've got probably close to 50 BH shots in it and still, no issues.

Blem's available for under $200: https://www.rinehart3d.com/shop/rhinoblock-2/

rab1951

A bag target for field points. For broadheads I use a DIY target. The target consists of 4 bags of rubber mulch pored into a cardboard box. I think it cost me $25-$30. when the box gets a hole in it big enough for the mulch to spill out just put the mulch in another box. It stops my 450gr arrows tipped with fixed blade heads and mechanicals from a crossbow at about 350'/ sec. Arrow removal is very easy. It doesnt stop field points very well. This wasnt my target idea, I saw it on another site.

benellisbe

I just got the bulldog double dog ff and I really like it. I don't shoot broadleaf too often but it stops my arrows with ease and they pull out with little effort.