Terrell County

BRIAN1

DESPERATE

I Realize This Mat Not Be The Site To Post A Thread, But I Am Desperate In My Search For Some Land In Sw Ga. I Am Really Into Hog Hunting And Don't Mind Taking A Deer Or Two Per Season. If Any Of Yall Know Of Some Leases Available In The Albany Or Surrounding Areas, Please Pm Me. Thanks In Advance.

BRIAN1

HOGS

Does Anyone Have Any Land I Could Hunt Hogs On Near Dougherty County. I Am Willing To Lease Land If Available In Terrell, Lee, Worth, Etc. Just Pm Me If Anything Is Open Or There Is Somewhere I Couldh Unt. Thanks.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
We've been getting some rain off and on, varying amounts in different parts of the county this week. This afternoon and morning, we got nice rain on Piney Grove Farm. Later this afternoon, the clouds were moving away, the sun was playing peek-a-boo. Right after dark, there was the nicest breeze and you could see the mercury in the thermometer shooting downward!
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
There are a lot of hunters being seen in Terrell County at the eating places--San Joes and the Dawson Fish House. Welcome back!
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Terrell County--Parrott, Dawson, and Bronwood near Piney Grove Farm--got some nice heavy rain tonight around 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. A deer took out a Nissan this afternoon on GA 45, I heard on the scanner.
Tuesday around lunchtime, I was visiting with a dear sweet lady that loves the outdoors over lunch at the Dawson Fish House, and she shared a story. She's been watching a little fawn that appears to be orphaned near her country place. She was asking Mr. Ken what she could put out for it to help it make it by itself. She said it broke her heart when she heard it crying. It was relatively close to her home, so she'll be able to keep an eye on it maybe and keep food out for it.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Still getting some thundershowers and rain. Great! Temps are coling somewhat during the day and evening, but still hot. Mr. Ken said that some of the gunhunters ar4e coming up planting and re-planting their food plots. The bowhunters are reporting seeing a lot of deer, just not close enough yet. The heat's got a lot of folks and the deer in hibernation.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ooohhh! If anyone got a chance to get out in the woods and fields today, surely they saw some activity, and maybe even stuck a deer! It's been so nice and cool, breezy. My aches and pains tell me that there's some rain moving in, even without looking at the cloudy skies that have some water hidden inside them! The temps have dropped. ALMOST sweater weather!
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got about an inch of rain in various parts of the county today. It surely sounded good to Smokey and me as we were snoozing...I mean, working on articles! Hoped this helps your food plots and other outdoor endeavors! Lots of the farmers have been taking up peanuts this week.
The hunters have been stopping by the local eating places when they come in from the woods. Everbody appreciates that.

Sue

Last edited:

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Got some more rain today. Even after a couple of hours, the ground's still soggy, so maybe it will help a little bit. (Not sure how that translates into inches.)

The Lee County grandchild of Mr. Gary and (Terrell County Magistrate Judge) Linda Freeman stuck a nice deer last week. Mr. Gary's got some deer in the record books, if i remember correctly, as does Paul Priest, also, of Sasser.
The Freeman grandchildren (Lee County and Terrell County) have some good role models in their parents and grandparents regarding being outdoorsmen and wildlife stewards, imho.
Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
When I was at the Dawson Fish House tonight, Ed Moody shared that he had been doing some scouting near Doverel on the Ichuaway-Nochaway Creek (SW Terrell close to Calhoun) and he had seen a mighty big nice paw mark. He told me that boded well for the deer hunters.

A family was up from Gadsen, FL, that lease some land in NW Terrell. They said that they had been working on food plots this weekend and that they had seen a lot of movement, several nice bucks and some pretty does. They have seen some of the bug boys running, too.
On her way home to Damascus, Miss Shirley (Price) called and told Mr. Ken that she had spotted about eight deer along the roadway between Dawson and the Calhoun County line.

Sue

Naui1974

Going to do some hunting this year in Terrell. I got my first deer last year (9 pt) in Terrell. I plan on hunting Coyotes this year also. Anyone seen Yotes around the county?

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Naui1974,

We've been hearing them, plus foxes and panthers. (You asked about panthers in your email to me. Smokey said for you to leave the panthers on Piney Grove Farm alone. :rofl: :biggrin3:)

I'll try to do some more checking for specifics for you. What area do you hunt? That's a nice deer you harvested last year!

Sue

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Two nice deer were taken Thursday evening...The Terrell SO even got involved in it since the deer were killed after dark. Awwww....never mind what I was going to spin...Two motorists took two deer out in Terrell County within the space of probably about an hour and a half. Fortunately, none of the motorists or their passengers were injured...However, the deer....One was almost in front of the Sheriff's house on US 82 towards Graves and the other was in the Herod community neighborhood.
Sue

marlinluver

Anyone hunting this area

Just wondered if anyone was hunting this area. I am hunting in parrott. I was up a couple of weeks ago and seen some small bucks chasin does. My buddy was up there last week and saw the same. I was wondering if anyone knows if the rut has turned on in this area yet of if possibly it might have past. Im heading up tommorrow hopefully the big boys will be out

Thunder

marlinluver

I hunted in Terrell for years before the lease I had 2 years ago went through the roof in cost. Need to get back up there if I can find a lease.

The rut typically hits the end of Nov and into early Dec. (at least where I was hunting). I hunted off Hope Road around Herod. Killed 3 real nice bucks....2 8"s and a 9. Saw a huge 10, and a monster buck, not to mention all the smaller ones. ALL the big bucks I killed, and for the most part I saw was from Dec 1 - Dec 12th. Killed 2 on same day different year Dec 9th.

Good luck, and let me know if you hear of any property or leases available.

Thunder

Dawson

Thanks Sue.....

Mouth is watering thinking about those Dawson Fish House catfish nuggets!!:)

Larry

marlinluver

Thunder i I see your from Lutz. Im just up the road from you. Im in Spring Hill.. Its a good little trip up to Terrell county but I think its worth it. I will let you know if I hear of any leases opening up in that area.

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey, y'all!
Anything happening here in Terrell County? Hearing any gobblers? Putting down any yotes, rabbits, coons, etc.? What are you feeding the wildlife?
Sue