Testing a Spypoint Cell Link

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
This basically make almost any camera a cell camera. I have it on a cheap Wild game camera. I'll let you know how it goes.

buckmanmike

Ive had the cell link on a Moultrie camera and then swapped to a Browning. It does as advertized but sends pics to the app at 2mp???? Or similiar. I paid for 50 Hd pics and cannot tell any difference. My nephew has the Spypoint camera(the cheap one)and it sends much better quality pics.

formula1

Thanks. My son has several of the cheap Spypoint cameras and they do pretty well. If quality is low for the Cell link, it may not be a solution until they make it better.

Gumpbuck

Have been testing 2 of these. One was deployed to the field and squirrles chewed my sd cable after two days. So that's not Spypoint's issue.
However, in ordering a new cable I have tried to find out the shipping status and when it will be delivered. Their customer service sucks. I have made one call, 1 chat session, 1 FB messenger session and another facebook post. All responses so far have been to send and email to their orders department. Well, I'm 3 emails into that without a response. No one has offered a phone number for that department either. Shipping status is a simple customer service question. I haven't had any technical issues with the Cell Links and they are working as advertised. But based on my experience so far, I'm afraid what will happen if I need them to trouble shoot a camera issue.

I love the concept and that I can use the Cell Link to turn my Bushnell cams into wireless cams. I'm just hoping their customer service gets better fast!

Last edited:

hambone76

Maybe you can retrofit a piece of small diameter wire or pipe over the cable to keep it from getting chewed.

shdw633

Have been testing 2 of these. One was deployed to the field and squirrles chewed my sd cable after two days. So that's not Spypoint's issue.
However, in ordering a new cable I have tried to find out the shipping status and when it will be delivered. Their customer service sucks. I have made one call, 1 chat session, 1 FB messenger session and another facebook post. All responses so far have been to send and email to their orders department. Well, I'm 3 emails into that without a response. No one has offered a phone number for that department either. Shipping status is a simple customer service question. I haven't had any technical issues with the Cell Links and they are working as advertised. But based on my experience so far, I'm afraid what will happen if I need them to trouble shoot a camera issue.

I love the concept and that I can use the Cell Link to turn my Bushnell cams into wireless cams. I'm just hoping their customer service gets better fast!

This is going to be the downfall of this company. I have an issue right now on one of my Evo Links and they started trying to repair it via the emails but after 3 weeks they just quit responding and give me no indication as to whether I should send it to them or not. I have a brand new cell link in the package at my house and am thinking of just returning it or selling it because of this customer service experience.

Gumpbuck

This is going to be the downfall of this company. I have an issue right now on one of my Evo Links and they started trying to repair it via the emails but after 3 weeks they just quit responding and give me no indication as to whether I should send it to them or not. I have a brand new cell link in the package at my house and am thinking of just returning it or selling it because of this customer service experience.

Man, I hate to say you should return it. While I like the concept, the customer service and level of support really sucks right now. You may be better off cutting your losses and return it while you can.
I own 2 Cell Links right now. Both were tested at the house. I'm waiting on a replacement cable before I deploy them back in the woods. I'm really worried about performance issues once I put them back out. Other than the chewed cable all has worked as it should. Just hope I'm able to get back to that once deployed.

formula1

Here is a pic example. I really don't think it's very good.

Attachments

• celllink_resized.jpg
    celllink_resized.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Tunaman

BANNED
I have a cell-link, have used it on 2-3 different cameras, use the class 10 SD mini card. So far it usually works but pic quality is terrible. Also have the $99 camera same results. Works but pics are terrible. Hey I don’t really care, they tell me if anything’s coming around it’s not really worth more money for great pics.
Used to use the moultrie set up, better pics but thank godim only 4 miles away, they both are a pain in the neck....something’s always wrong. I’d give the Moultrie 3 stars best, SPYPOINT 2. The convince of being able to use the link on any camera is the only reason It isn’t on the moon by now!

Tunaman

BANNED

The “customer service sucks” part of this post is 100% true..