Thankful for the rain

fatback

I planted about 5 acres of food plots on October 8th. Got a very small rain shower in it on the 9th and nothing since. Had minimal germination. We have been getting a good rain this morning since about 4 am. I am hopefully this will jump start the plots. Anybody ever have plots jump after a slow start with a good rain?

redlevel

Yes!!
Planted 8-10 acres of ryegrass last Fri and Sat.
Sowed it with Fimco seeder, and drug it with tire drag to lightly cover.
Had harrowed in about 45-50 units of N before planting.
I’m running about two weeks behind previous years, but should be good.
E48A7A82-6FC6-4E04-B564-E2451820E064.jpegFC54FC78-EBE8-463F-8DDA-D91E796A4EAA.jpeg

SakoL61R

Yes, your plots should jump.
Been watching for a rain event. Saw this current one coming (with falling soil temps) and made plans. Got two acres planted yesterday with a buddy.
Let it pour!

sghoghunter

We still had decent moisture on our plots but we’re still happy to see the rain. Wish I would have put out some fertilizer last weekend but maybe it’ll still help some this weekend

TJay

We're pretty much in the same boat as everyone else. We got some germination due to the high moisture content in the soil but we had one small shower on them and that's been about all. Hopefully they will fill in this week.

redlevel

Yep, a good rain, plots will go now. Fertilized some before the rain. Some say we got over 2 inches in SW Ga.

I poured an even inch out of my gauge about an hour ago. I’m about 100 miles south of ATL. Radar looked like heavier rain to my Southwest, so I spect 2 inches is about right.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got plenty, checked our woods this afternoon, and water is running across the roads in several places. Puddles and low areas filled up again. Good sign, minnows were in all running water, that should keep the mosquito's down.

SakoL61R

Thankful.
Showing just over half an inch for my place in Screven county for yesterday. Fully expecting solid germination on the small grains, brassicas, and red clover planted the day before. Some of plots were moist to begin with, some not so much on the hilly/sandy loam parts.
Hunting Nov 5-7 with my daughter, then the 11-14th with my son. Prime dates.
Good luck to all and hope everyone’s fall plots take off!