The Cuddeback is ready for bidness!

Handgunner

I got my 128mb card in today and hopefully going to set it up either this evening or tomororow. Before I do, I got some questions.

When setting up on a feeder/corn/foodplot/bait/supplemental food/soybeans/salt lick/mineral station. :rofl: :rofl: I've been told to put like a 5-10minute delay on the pictures as you don't want a card full of the same deer.

Now as for trail-watching. What setting would you use? I don't want for a doe to come through, and miss the buck that's on her rear-end. What would you do then? Put maybe a 1 minute delay on it? 30 second?

I can check my camera pretty much on a daily basis and swap out cards, so one filling up wouldn't be that bad of an issue...

What's worked best for y'all in the past?

broadhead

Delton said:
I got my 128mb card in today and hopefully going to set it up either this evening or tomororow. Before I do, I got some questions.

When setting up on a feeder/corn/foodplot/bait/supplemental food/soybeans/salt lick/mineral station. :rofl: :rofl: I've been told to put like a 5-10minute delay on the pictures as you don't want a card full of the same deer.

Now as for trail-watching. What setting would you use? I don't want for a doe to come through, and miss the buck that's on her rear-end. What would you do then? Put maybe a 1 minute delay on it? 30 second?

I can check my camera pretty much on a daily basis and swap out cards, so one filling up wouldn't be that bad of an issue...

Delton,
I have an original Lakota cam with no delay setting.
This camera is 5-6 years old and still going strong. If you use no delay as I have to do, I'd place it so that it is shooting across the trail instead of up and down it. That way you will get passing deer and not photos of the same deer walking toward the camera. Make sense?
Broadhead

Handgunner

Perfect sense broadhead. That's why I was asking. Until I get it all figured out, I figure I'll set it up on a feeder or something, with a 5-10 minute delay in pictures. On a trail, where the deer will just walk by it, I figure I'll put it around a minute or so that way I can catch each one as they pass.

Just playing with it around the house, I got the wife, cat and two dogs on it... and myself... in the eyes. :rofl: That flash is bright when you're looking at the front of it trying to see if it's disarmed or not! :huh: :crazy: :eek:

If a deer/turkey/bobcat, or something like that runs by, will it pick it up you think? I have the both sensitivity setting on "high"....

broadhead

Delton said:
Perfect sense broadhead. That's why I was asking. Until I get it all figured out, I figure I'll set it up on a feeder or something, with a 5-10 minute delay in pictures. On a trail, where the deer will just walk by it, I figure I'll put it around a minute or so that way I can catch each one as they pass.

Just playing with it around the house, I got the wife, cat and two dogs on it... and myself... in the eyes. :rofl: That flash is bright when you're looking at the front of it trying to see if it's disarmed or not! :huh: :crazy: :eek:

Done that one plenty of times. I have some interesting expressions that second that I realize that I've just been blinded!

If a deer/turkey/bobcat, or something like that runs by, will it pick it up you think? I have the both sensitivity setting on "high"....

I have photos of bobcats, armadillos, turkeys, armadillos, possums, armadillos, crows, armadillos, yotes, armadillos, dogs, armadillos, and unaware members of my club. Oh, and did I say armadillos?

Handgunner

Broadhead... Do y'all have any 'dillo's down 'round Statesboro way? :rofl: :rofl: :bounce:

flacarnivore

I have 3 cuddebacks in the woods 2 on feeders and 1 I move around. I have 256mb.cards and have never had one fill even after 3 weeks . 1min.delay on high sensitivity. and I have them set about 15" of the ground so I get everything that come by. I get about 200to 250 aweek on the feeders .... I really line the way that work..........

Handgunner

Thanks FLA, I can't wait to get mine out and running. I order a 128 and a 256, but the only one that came in was the 128.. But I live near where it'll be hanging. Can't wait to see the results!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
belt high off the ground and no delay on trails. I use a 5 minute delay of plots and licks.

Jim

reylamb

I dont even put a delay on mine when I have it on a feeder. Also, I have mine set up to take 15 second video clips along with the picture. I have gotten deer trailing other deer on video that I may not have gotten otherwise. Even with no delay there will be a 10 - 15 second delay while the camera writes the image and refocuses, etc.

GrandSlamHunter

I use a 256mb card and a 1 minute delay on feed sites. Sometimes a buck will not hang around for 5 minutes and the first shot doesn't give a good view of the rack. Never had a card fill up but I check mine at least once a week. Have fun!

GSH

bull0ne

Banned
Delton said:

I would not go to the cam more than once every 4-5 days, the deer won't leave the area but they will go nocturnal,also remember to wash the cam off with baking soda before you hang it.

DO NOT USE PINE TREES IN HOT WEATHER :rofl: :rofl: