The Highwaymen movie on Netflix. Really good movie

Dub

I'm reading another great novel from Stephen Hunter, G-Man.

The novel transitions back & forth from present day to 1930's.

One of the characters was present at the Bonnie & Clyde takedown.

Had to hold off on the read and watch Highwaymen again. Getting immersed into the period.

The 4K resolution on this movie is outstanding......brings into it without a bunch of obvious computer generated stuff.

zedex

Gator Bait
I was reading a book about the Bonnie and Clyde sage and it was stated that in the deal Hamer had was that he got to keep the firearms Bonnie and Clyde had.
The death car was a stolen car and it was returned to the rightful owner and she sold it for $3,400 and it subsequently ended up in the museum where it currently is. The current owner obtained some if the clothes worn by Bonnie and Clyde when they were gunned down. He has been offered over a million dollars for the set and has refused it.
The car is displayed in Vegas.
If'n you're out that way, check it out

Reactions: Dub

Dub

April 21, 2020

Had to watch it again.

Great flick.

Gotta love when the first characters you get introduced to in the movie are 1911s & Tommy Guns.

Kevin Costner & Woody Harrelson did a decent job.

zedex

Gator Bait
Twice,,,,love that BAR,,,,

Wouldnt it be nice to be able to walk into a gun shop and just start picking out those great guns?

I think the funniest part of the movie was when Costner broke out the BAR and caught Harrelson by surprise then Harrelson asks "got one of those for me?"

WestGa Buckshot

I really enjoyed this movie and it's attention to details. So much that I've watched it three times. There is a question about the ambush, and whether warning or an offer to surrender was given to Bonnie and Clyde or if the officers just opened fire. There have been accounts that the Louisiana officers wanted to give the offer to surrender, while Hamer and the Texans were adamantly against that, knowing it would only invite a gunbattle with B&C, based on their history. Deputy Oakley of Bienville Parish was reportedly selected by the Sheriff to come along because of his local renown as a sharpshooter. Oakley borrowed a .35 cal Remington Model 8 rifle that he was familiar with and had used previously to hunt with from a local Dentist. Oakley reportedly fired the first shot of the ambush, hitting Clyde in the head and taking him out the the fight immediately. The rifle recently was put up for auction with a letter of authentication starting at $69,000.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Frank Hamer was a bad Dude if he was on your trail. AHC did a bio on him. Very interesting

zedex

Gator Bait
Bonnie and Clyde are of interest to me; have been since I was a kid. But they arent alone the Barker-Karpis gang, Capone, Bugsy Seigel, George Kelly,...... all the gangsters of the 20s and 30s, as well as the various mafia characters.

When I was a kid, I ended up with a book called The FBI Story and that's when I became interested in them.

There were many agents that caught my attention, too, as some were interesting characters.

Some folks gave bucket lists. If I were to make one, I would want to visit the gravesites of the old gangsters and made men.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Watched it last night. I thought it was a very good movie, one of the better ones I've seen in a while.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I think I’m up to my third time watching it now. One of the better movies I’ve seen in a while.

Core Lokt

I had forgot I had seen it and watched it last night. Good movie.

how do people that young become that evil?

Dub

Wouldnt it be nice to be able to walk into a gun shop and just start picking out those great guns?

I think the funniest part of the movie was when Costner broke out the BAR and caught Harrelson by surprise then Harrelson asks "got one of those for me?"

That was a great scene !!!!

I had forgot I had seen it and watched it last night. Good movie.

how do people that young become that evil?

And in that era, too.

These days it wouldn't be such a surprise, I'm afraid.....but then....wow.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Growing up in Dallas TX in the 60's bonnie and clyde were still a thing.

I remember being at a museum as a kid and the death car was on display.

I put my finger in one of the bullet holes. One of the nuns from school flogged me quick like...

Mr Hammer was an idol/hero to one of my scouting masters.

Great movie. Never heard of it before this thread...thanks.