The Idea of Christ in you?

gordon 2

Where does the Idea that Christ is living in our bodies come from? Is it biblical or a given for Christians.

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."

For us what God sends into ourselves due Christ is it Christ himself who went to the Father so that the Comforter would be sent to us? Is the Comforter Christ now?

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

Why is it that scripture seems to indicate that the Spirit of truth and another Comforter ( other than Christ) will abide with us for ever and we still claim Christ in us? Where does the idea come from? Is Christ Jesus living in our bodies? Where does this idea come from?

Scripture seems consistent that we will be thought by the Comforter which will abide in us and so able to receive the Spirit of truth which is our brotherhood with Christ and all the saints and our ability in common to call God Father as Christ did according to scripture.

Therefore is saying that Christ is in us biblical and an insight from the Spirit of truth? Where does the idea of Christ in us comes from? Is it biblical? Is it a revelation of the Comforter? Is it had by insight due the Spirit of truth?

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

?

gordon 2

Perhaps a mystery hidden, but now to be revealed..."Christ in you, the hope of glory"?

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

...yet it is no longer I who live, but Christ who liveth in me?...

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
So this Christ in a Christian is he separate from the Comforter? How can Christ be in a Christian if Christ is with the Father on purpose, by design? Is the Father in the Christian also?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So this Christ in a Christian is he separate from the Comforter? How can Christ be in a Christian if Christ is with the Father on purpose, by design? Is the Father in the Christian also?
Spirit / Comforter

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

“One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”

gordon 2

So if I understand correctly to have the Spirit of Christ dwell in a Christian makes it equal to Christ in that Christian.

Or (in my words) since Christ a man was totally invested in the Spirit of Truth that we can claim him as God, Christians who have Christ in them are equally invested or crave towards the same Spirit of Truth.

The Holy Spirit in Christians and Jesus are therefore one. And we know that Jesus and the Father are one. The Holy Spirit, Jesus and the Father are one and a Christian can rightly say Christ in me.

Questions: What do you understand when Jesus says that he wills believers to be one with him as He and the Father are one? Is this possible this side of the resurrection of all the saints? Is it possible for some saints now? And if when we become one with Christ are we also God-- in the sense we are no longer "we" or separated from God and now but one with God?

Last edited:

gordon 2

I was reading Paul.

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

It seems that according to Paul the "new self" is being renewed in us. Christ in the Christian is never fully formed. Does this mean that Christ in us is progressively discerned in unity with us? Is this what Christ meant when he said that he wished Himself in us as He is in the Father which is " I and the Father are one." ?

How is it that Paul says we are being renewed, and we claim Christ in us, and Jesus might mean a unity of one with himself? We will never be " I and Christ are one"? We will ever be separated in identity from or by God and in never being in Christ as Christ is one with the Father? Spiritually we will never be one in identity with Christ in this life or even after the Resurrection when Christ returns? We will ever be spiritually separated?

Have you ever considered that the Genesis account that Adam and God walked together was the inspiration of fallen man, --- a man living in duality?

Christ in Christians, in you and me, is what percentage or measure of Christ? Can it ever be a full measure?

Last edited:

StriperAddict

It's relational, this Christ in you.

Intimate on the Spirit - soul level.

There oughts be great joy,
THANKSgiving even,

that the great length He went to establish such a union comes with NO transaction on our part. Ok, believing, but even then, God gives ...

And the best kinda Life flourishes from such a perfect One in whom we live and have our being.

Selah

gordon 2

Therefore we are "being renewed" (re to : Paul) without any required transaction on our part? The fact that Christ is in us and believing is sufficient if I understand correctly.

What is the target spirit of man or of our soul-being in our "becoming renewed"that Christ-In-Us is sufficient in relationship but without transaction other than perhaps belief, so to bring a believer to some designed completion? How does it all work or not work to the saint's gain this Christ-In-Us said perfect to our not so perfect spirits? The knowledge of Christ in us is sufficient for this and the "being renewed" happens by itself?

Latest posts