All About Jesus Christ

BanjoPicker

He said that His doctrine was not His, but it was the Father's Jn. 7:16, 17; 8:26, 38; 10:18; 12:49, 50; 14:10, 11; 17:8, 14 and if anyone would do the will of God he should know that He did not come and SPEAK OF HIMSELF, but that He spoke of the Father who had sent Him Jn. 7:16-18.
He claimed that His message was true because He did not SPEAK OF HIMSELF but that He spoke of the Father Jn. 7:18; 5:10-38; 14:10, 11, that He spoke only what He had HEARD FROM THE FATHER Jn. 8:26-28, 38-40, that He taught BY THE FATHER and that His teaching was not of Himself Jn. 8:28, that He did not PLEASE HIMSELF, but He lived to please the Father Jn. 8:29, that He was the "Son" of the house and not the "Father" of it Jn. 8:35, 36; Heb. 3:6, and that He had THE SAME RELATION TO THE FATHER that the Jews had to their Father the devil Jn. 8:16, 35-44; 9:4.

BanjoPicker

He taught that He, Himself, honored the Father as all men should Jn. 8:49; that He did not seek HIS OWN GLORY, but that there was "one" (not Himself, but ANOTHER, the Father) that honored Him and sought His glory Jn. 8:50, 54; 12:26-28; 14:12-15; 17:1-5, 10; that He and the Father knew each other, but they were not each other Jn. 8:55; 10:15; that the Father loved Him for His unselfishness (it takes two people to love and be loved, John 10:17, 18); that He had received commandments from the Father, and they were not His own Jn. 10:18; 12:49, 50; 15:10; and that the Father gave Him His disciples Jn. 10:29; 17:1-25. He further claimed that He was equal to the Father as to deity and some things, but not equal in other things Mk. 13:32; Jn. 5:17-39; 8:13-19, 29-42; 19:18, 24-29; Acts 1:7; 1 Cor. 11:3; Rev. 1:1; that He was not a "Spirit" being like His father Lk. 24:39; John 4:24; Phil. 3:21; that He and the Father were in each other (united as one) in the same sense He and the believers were one Jn. 10:38; 14:10, 11, 23; 17:11, 21-23; 2 Cor. 5:17; and that He was the only way to the Father Jn. 14:6. Such simple language as that in all the above listed passages cannot be understood except in connection with two separate persons.

BassMan31

He taught that He, Himself, honored the Father as all men should Jn. 8:49; that He did not seek HIS OWN GLORY, but that there was "one" (not Himself, but ANOTHER, the Father) that honored Him and sought His glory Jn. 8:50, 54; 12:26-28; 14:12-15; 17:1-5, 10; that He and the Father knew each other, but they were not each other Jn. 8:55; 10:15; that the Father loved Him for His unselfishness (it takes two people to love and be loved, John 10:17, 18); that He had received commandments from the Father, and they were not His own Jn. 10:18; 12:49, 50; 15:10; and that the Father gave Him His disciples Jn. 10:29; 17:1-25. He further claimed that He was equal to the Father as to deity and some things, but not equal in other things Mk. 13:32; Jn. 5:17-39; 8:13-19, 29-42; 19:18, 24-29; Acts 1:7; 1 Cor. 11:3; Rev. 1:1; that He was not a "Spirit" being like His father Lk. 24:39; John 4:24; Phil. 3:21; that He and the Father were in each other (united as one) in the same sense He and the believers were one Jn. 10:38; 14:10, 11, 23; 17:11, 21-23; 2 Cor. 5:17; and that He was the only way to the Father Jn. 14:6. Such simple language as that in all the above listed passages cannot be understood except in connection with two separate persons.
Our Lord Jesus is begotten eternally by The Father from even before the beginning. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the The Father. This is my best attempt at understanding.

BanjoPicker

Jesus said that if He bore witness "of Himself " and if He was the only one that did bare witness, His testimony would not be true and He would not expect men to believe it any more than civil courts would accept only one witness Jn. 5:21-23, 36; 6:38; 7:16, 17, 28; 8:13-19, 37, 42, 54; 12:44, 49, 50; 14:10, 11; 17:1-25. God repeatedly said in both Testament that "in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established" Num. 35:30; Deut. 17:6, 7; 19:15; Mt. 18:16; Lk. 24:48; Acts 1:8, 22; 2:32; 5:32; 7:58; 10:31; 1 Thess. 5:19; Heb. 10:28, 29; 12:1; Rev. 11:5. Would God make a fixed law to establish truth by two or three separate witnesses and then break His own law and expect men to have confidence in Him? He would have no grounds to punish man for rejection of God's witness if God were only one person. We not only have to believe that Jesus was only one of two or three separate witnesses as He plainly states, or make Him untrue, but we have plain Scripture stating that "there are three" that bear witness, "the Father, The Word [Jesus] and the Holy Ghost" 1 Jn 5:7, 8.

Artfuldodger

Jesus said that if He bore witness "of Himself " and if He was the only one that did bare witness, His testimony would not be true and He would not expect men to believe it any more than civil courts would accept only one witness Jn. 5:21-23, 36; 6:38; 7:16, 17, 28; 8:13-19, 37, 42, 54; 12:44, 49, 50; 14:10, 11; 17:1-25. God repeatedly said in both Testament that "in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established" Num. 35:30; Deut. 17:6, 7; 19:15; Mt. 18:16; Lk. 24:48; Acts 1:8, 22; 2:32; 5:32; 7:58; 10:31; 1 Thess. 5:19; Heb. 10:28, 29; 12:1; Rev. 11:5. Would God make a fixed law to establish truth by two or three separate witnesses and then break His own law and expect men to have confidence in Him? He would have no grounds to punish man for rejection of God's witness if God were only one person. We not only have to believe that Jesus was only one of two or three separate witnesses as He plainly states, or make Him untrue, but we have plain Scripture stating that "there are three" that bear witness, "the Father, The Word [Jesus] and the Holy Ghost" 1 Jn 5:7, 8.
"and these three are one?"

BanjoPicker

Jesus continued by saying that He had greater proof or witness than John the Baptist who had two witness, the Father and the Holy Ghost Jn. 1:31-34; 5:36. John did not have the miracles to confirm his word as did Jesus, who had the same two witnesses that John had plus the miracles Jn. 2:11, 23; 3:2; 4:54; 5:20, 36; 76:2, 26; 7:31; 9:16; 10:25-37, 41; 11:42-47; 14:10-12; 15:24. hen Jesus said, "I am not alone, but I [one person]and the Father [another person] that sent me" and is with me also bear witness, He simply stated that there were more persons in the Godhead than He, thus fulfilling the Word of God concerning more than one witness to establish a fact. He plainly said that two witnesses in this testimony were the Father and Himself. "I am one that bears witness of myself and the Father that sent me [another person beareth witness of me" Jn. 8:13-18, 29; 16:32. Again in John 8:29 He said "The Father hath not left me alone" and in John 16:32, "every man to his own and leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me." what could be more clearer in proving two distinct persons, called "the Father" and "the Son" both of them equally God? On the other hand, what foolish statements there are if Jesus is the only person in the Godhead.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Not one and the same body just in unity, as you and I are supposed to be in unity with them, as we are suppose to be with brothers and sisters in the Spirit.
With your scriptures there’s a lot of assumptions made like this ^^^^ statements of “it must be”.

I look at a few examples below and it tells me God was the Word, Word was made flesh, God manifest in the flesh…….who preached to the Gentles?

How do you view scriptures such as these and help me understand how you see separate entities in just these ? Then we will go through another list that doesn’t require any “must mean” statements.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

This is talking about Jesus: so who’s the real Creator if they are separate entities?

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Why is this child referred to as the mighty God, everlasting Father, etc?

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

gordon 2

Like our God can be localized and everywhere at the same time. Therefore the localized God is also the God everywhere else not only in place but time also and therefore the God of Moses who sent him to Egypt on a mission is the same God that through the Church sends us on a mission.

God in the same body in Banjo, Art, Striper, in Ruger, in Spotlite, in India and in Columbia, in Toronto, in Atlanta, in Russia and Iraq, in China, in Cambodia, in Greenland and Iceland, in Denmark and in Finland, in Belgium and Germany, Argentina and Chile, in Cote d'Ivoire and Botswana, in prisons and churches, in mines all over the world, in trenches, in boob shelters, in hospitals, in workplaces and outside on sports fields, in those being born and those giving birth, in those dying and in those getting married, with those in morning and those newly in love and as one body and at the same time localized and at the same time in heaven, to all places and to all times at the same time.

You really have to try hard to understand that God is one in unity as we are one in unity with our brothers and sisters meaning that God is more than one individual. And yet we state that God manifests as three persons according to our way to chronical our God present in time we still maintain that our God is one god and NOT god the committee of any number of other gods. God is one entity due to being one individual only without beginning or end.

If God says "we" this and "we" that when describing himself, maybe just maybe God can be in two places or more at the same time or perhaps different times and at the same places at the same time, on the mountain and the valley at the same time and can by some divine genius talk to himself like our geniuses do. I mean this is not rocket science.

The whole point of God the Father according to my very weak way of understanding is to convert all human beings to a relationship with ONE GOD as opposed to multiple gods who come and go and which we have come to know were not gods at all but were idols made by fallen man.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

If God is a spirit that's everywhere and unity with all. Why is he three personas? I understand the different roles but still, why couldn't he just be? If we can't even pinpoint where He's at, how can He even be one persona? Maybe we should just say He is and leave it at that.

gordon 2

If God is a spirit that's everywhere and unity with all. Why is he three personas? I understand the different roles but still, why couldn't he just be? If we can't even pinpoint where He's at, how can He even be one persona? Maybe we should just say He is and leave it at that.

Maybe it is because love is

a) an intense feeling of deep affection
b) the sacrifice of self
c) and the will to want the best for others

BanjoPicker

In the following statements of Scripture by Jesus Christ, He constantly affirmed that He was not the Father and not the only person in the Godhead. The grammar of these passages will not permit us to believe in only one person as being referred to. Jesus is the speaker, but He is not the spoken of, as is made clear by reading these statements concerning Him and His Father.
If we are not going to believe what God says in His revelation concerning Himself, His Son, and the Holy Spirit, then He is under no further obligation to give another revelation in order to make the subject of God clear to men. If we will not believe one revelation, we would not believe another. If we will believe at all, then let us believe these scriptural facts of human language concerning more than one person in the Godhead. Then we will not have to teach that God is a mystery, that the trinity cannot be understood, and the other foolish doctrines as expressed by men who refuse to take the plain language used by God in the Bible revealing the trinity of separate persons in the Godhead, as seen in Mt. 7:21; 10:32, 33; 11:27; 15:13; 16:17; 18:10, 19, 35; 19:17; 20:23; 24:36; 25:34; 26:29, 39, 42, 53; Lk. 2:49; Jn. 5:17, 43; 6:32, 65; 8:19, 28, 38, 49, 54; 10:17, 18, 25, 29, 30, 32, 37; 12:26-28; 14:7, 20, 21, 28; 15:1, 8, 10, 4, 23; 16:23-26; 8:11; 20:17, 21; Rev. 1:1; 2:27; 3:5, 12; 5:1-7, 13; 7:9, 15, 16; 10:6; 11:15; 12:10; 21:22, 23; 22:1-5.
Jesus said that His FATHER was "greater than all" and "greater than I" Jn. 10:29; 14:28. He then could not be the Father. Paul also stated that the Father was the "head of Christ" 1 Cor. 3:23; 11:3.

BanjoPicker

God the Father said of Jesus, "my beloved Son" Mt. 3:16, 17; 17:5; Ps. 2:7. Jesus said of Himself, "I am the Son of God" Jn. 10:38. An angel declared Him to be "the Son of the Highest" and "the Son of God" Lk. 1:32-35; Demons said He was "the Son of God" Mk. 3:11 and "Son of the Most High God" " Mk. 5:7. Apostles stated repeatedly that Jesus was only "the Son of God" Mt. 14:33; 16:16, 17; Mk. 1:1; Jn. 11:27; 20:31; Acts 9:20, "the only begotten OF THE FATHER" Jn. 1:14, 18; 3:16-18, "his own Son" Rom. 8:32, "the Son of the Father" 2 Jn. 3, and "his dear Son" by whom the Father created all things Col. 1:13-18. John said, "the Father sent the Son to be a Saviour of the world" 1 Jn. 4:14, so there must be two separate persons referred to. John the Baptist also bare record "that this was the Son of God" Jn. 1:31-34. Others confessed that Jesus was "the Son of God" Mk. 15:39; 1 Jn. 1:49; Acts 9:37, but not once did God, angels demons, or men say that He was the Father.

BanjoPicker

Both the Father and the Son talked to each other in audible voices at the same time and place, and both voices were heard by a number of witness, so there had to be two persons who had their own separate bodies, voices, minds. To be able to speak to each other in the same sense other persons do Matt. 3:16, 17; 17:5; Jn. 12:27-30; 2 Pet. 1:17.

BanjoPicker

Jesus taught when men receive Him they also receive the Father as when men receive Christ's disciples they also receive Christ Mt. 10:39-41. This does not mean that the Father and the Son were the same person any more than it proves that Christ and the disciples become one person when men receive Christ through them. Separate persons are involved in both statements, as is clear.

BanjoPicker

God The Father is called “he” Jn. 14:16; God The Son is called “he” Jn. 8:23-25; and God The Holy Ghost is called “he” and another” Jn. 14:16,17, 26; 15:26; 16:7-15, so if personal pronouns are used of each person in making a distinction between them as is done with other persons, there must be three separate persons.

BanjoPicker

Christ is symbolized by "the vine" and the Father is spoken of as "the husbandman" in Jn. 15:1-16. It is just intelligent to call any vine its own keeper and both of them one person as so do so here. This figure clearly proves two persons.

BanjoPicker

Jesus taught that He and the Father had the same relationship to each other as did He and His disciples Jn. 15:10. Such relationship proves more than one person. One person could not have such relationship by Himself as is required of separate persons in this passage.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So you’re saying that God almighty, the supreme Deity, creator, ruler of the universe has your limitations?

BanjoPicker

The word both means "two" and is used of the Father and the Son, thus proving two persons Jn. 15:24; 2 Jn. 9.

The word "also" is used of the Father and the Son, thus proving two separate persons Jn. 5:19, 27; 8:19; 13:32; 14:1.