The official recommend a deer or hog processor NEW THREAD.

rawolfee

Community Deer Processing in Bulloch Co has closed it's doors and put their building up for sale. Hopefully someone buys it and starts a new one. I usually try to do my own, but this place was between my house and hunting land. Made it very convenient on days I didn't feel like messing with it myself. They made some pretty good sausage too.

Ruger roo

Daffins meat processing
4100 river road Columbus,ga

Great people always friendly and nice. Not one problem or issue over several years of using them. They also take hogs. And the web saying they are permanently closed is false they are open this year. 2022

steveus

Big Creek Sausage - Slaughterville, Ammons Loop off of High Bluff Rock
Rd. Brantley County. Can drop off your cooler any time is what I like. Just fill out their form as to what you want.

Any processors in Dodge, Wilcox or Pulaski counties that will take a whole field dressed deer? I ain’t apposed to quartering one but have been in situations where I just didn’t have the time.

Resaca meat processing in Murray county seems to be pretty good and has some nice prices think there Amish open 24/6 for deer drop off closed on Sunday no deer drop off..
C079A740-463E-4D1C-9D02-D6D43D1F8EC5.pngAEF11338-09FF-43FE-AEB2-DA374E88DD40.jpeg6A557852-3850-415A-889C-99BFCE9014B4.jpeg

RipTorn

We ended up using Harry and Renny’s Deer Processing, 393 South Riddle Road, Riddleville, (478) 553-6624. They're in Washington County about 15 minutes ESE of Sandersville.
Clean operation and their work flowed well. Ground meat and ground sausage are packaged in 1.25 - 1.5 lb tubes. A few things I liked:
1) they add fat to ground meat for no extra charge
1) they'll jerky slice your meat for $1/lb
2) cuts like small roasts, cubed steaks, tenderloin, backstrap and jerky sliced are vacuum sealed.

Call before you make the trip. They were near capacity after opening day of modern firearms season, and I just barely made it in under the wire Sunday morning, Oct 23.

Anybody gotten anything back from Thompson Processing in Sylvester this year? I know Jimmy retired and his son has taken over. Been taking deer to Jimmy for years and it's always been great.

Guitar Guy

I set aside a bunch of elk that I want ground into various items - burger, couple of different kinds of snack sticks, brats, summer sausage, etc. I would like a lot of diversity in the menu so that I can mix it up. I'm looking for a really good processor with a pretty deextensive menu of different options and flavors. Someone who sort of specializes in various kinds of sausages and is located within 1.5 hours of ATL. Wilkes is a possibility, but I don't know what their list of offerings looks like. Any other suggestions?

BmasterVol

North’s deer processing in Roopville is outstanding

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Now is the time for everyone to check in with their “go to processor”. Some may have moved or shutdown. Inflation could have necessitated a price increase.

Go ahead and add your processor to the list if they aren’t already on it.

ucfireman

Red Barn in Loganville , across from the Chevy dealership.

They are doing chickens as well, USDA.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The Meat Shed - 235 New Phoenix Road Eatonton GA - 478-258-0019 . They do specialty meats on request. They usually fill up rather fast. Vacuumed sealed, I have had 2 deer processed there, they did a nice job.

Per their Facebook page The Meat Shed is now a members only processor. $100 annual membership fee.

biggdogg

Holifields in Covington/Porterdale.
72 Holifield Rd, Covington, GA 30016
(770) 786-2086

Sorry about that. Posted before I had the info handy.

Prices are fair and better than most, and he does quality work. Been using him for several years now.

Last edited:

Latest posts