The official recommend a deer or hog processor NEW THREAD.

rugerfan

Per their Facebook page The Meat Shed is now a members only processor. $100 annual membership fee.
yes sir you are correct, gonna be a tough year to find a processor this year in putnam county.

ucfireman

Not Putnam but not too far from it.
Steve Bishop Taxidermy
35 W 1st Ave, Mansfield, GA 30055
(770) 787-0840

He was open last year and does good work.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
yes sir you are correct, gonna be a tough year to find a processor this year in putnam county.

I haven’t called them yet but here’s more information on the new processor south of Eatonton. They are at the northern end of Dennis Station Road. @trad bow do you know these folks?
IMG_1739.jpegIMG_1738.jpeg

Blackston

Bullard processing
Monday - Saturday 8:00 - 20:30
110 Oak Ridge Ln. Adel, Ga
(229) 740-1505
(229) 507-0328
I’m ready !!!

mdgreco191

I haven’t called them yet but here’s more information on the new processor south of Eatonton. They are at the northern end of Dennis Station Road. @trad bow do you know these folks?
View attachment 1253394View attachment 1253395
Anybody got info on this one? I am gonna call tomorrow, when they are open, to hopefully get some answers on price and hours.

I used to go to Big Buck, then went to Meat Shed. After Meat Shed started that members only thing I am not going to use them. I shoot one deer a year... membership and processing I am paying well over $200 for one deer. If you shoot a bunch, I get it. But one deer, no way!

AliBubba

M&M Deer Processing (aka Lancaster’s Deer Processing), (24-hour drop-off), 1945 Buford Dam Road, Buford, (770) 686-4988.
Mike did an excellent job for me at a very reasonable price.. (y)

BottomBumpin

great thread! looking for a processor near Folkston. found a couple that are no longer doin it so I would appreciate any tips, thanks

Shadow11

Used cypress in alto, ga and got my medium sized doe back today. I went there because I've had their brats before, from other ppl, and they were great. It all looks great to me. I didn't get much loin, but I think I might have messed up the front back strap with high shot. They gave me more weight in brats than I ordered. Cubed steak looks good. 36 lbs total of meat. I'd guess the doe weighed 110 with guts. It was $165.00 total, and that includes gut fee. They will be taking deer til Jan 31 for the extended archery season. I'm happy with what I got! See pic

20240103_183843.jpg20231229_183909.jpg

ucfireman

Used cypress in alto, ga and got my medium sized doe back today. I went there because I've had their brats before, from other ppl, and they were great. It all looks great to me. I didn't get much loin, but I think I might have messed up the front back strap with high shot. They gave me more weight in brats than I ordered. Cubed steak looks good. 36 lbs total of meat. I'd guess the doe weighed 110 with guts. It was $165.00 total, and that includes gut fee. They will be taking deer til Jan 31 for the extended archery season. I'm happy with what I got! See pic

View attachment 1280583View attachment 1280584
How much do they charge extra for the brats?
I have only ever gotten regular sausage and bacon burger as extra stuff, they were 5/lb if memory serves. From other places.

Shadow11

How much do they charge extra for the brats?
I have only ever gotten regular sausage and bacon burger as extra stuff, they were 5/lb if memory serves. From other places.
I believe that's right. I think the girl told me if I wanted another 10lbs of brats it would be $50.00 more.

I got the spicy ones and tried some night b4 last. I thawed out 2 packs (10 brats), poked some holes with a fork, boiled for about 20 minutes or so, and grilled on charcoal. I cut em up and took to work yesterday. I love em. Everyone that tried em seemed to like em. Pretty spicy, but that's the way I like em. I might add a little salt to the water next time.

20240104_210005.jpg

Latest posts