The Path of Totality....

patriot15joe

I guess i’m one of the weirdos. We loaded up the kids (8&6) and are going to Kentucky to see the totality. We made a trip out of it though. Stopped in Chattanooga to see the aquarium, stopped in Nashville to see a couple things and try some different food we don’t have in Georgia.

I also could care less about the masters.

I think the kiddos will remember the trip one day when they look back.

slow motion

Heard on the radio that people are having upset stomachs and ill feelings because of the eclipse

People are weird but I already knew that.
Me too. I find myself suddenly craving a cold beer. Who woulda thunk it. Crazy. Eclipse must be a conspiracy started by beer companies.

Came right over our house in the south 40.
Very very cool. Sure did make me feel insignificant, but thankful for a loving God. What is man, that thou art mindful of him.

Attachments

• IMG_9891.jpeg
    IMG_9891.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 6

GeorgiaBob

I put my granddaughter on a plane in JAX bound for Dallas. She arrived IN THE DARK at 1:30 in the afternoon!

GeorgiaGlockMan

We only had maybe 85%+/- here in Athens.

I had a great time talking eclipse with my son here in Athens and got to talk to my wife and daughter in FL over the phone while it was going on a couple times.

Good family bonding opportunity to share something with each other that is pretty rare and cool even if short lived and over rated.

We all did the same thing here together at home during the last eclipse 7 or 8? years ago.

ucfireman

I was cutting grass, stopped about 230 and sat until about 310 . just witnessing it.
Didn't get as dark as 2017. Dad says he remembers one a while back but I can only remember this one , 2017 and there was one when I was in elementary school. we watched it on TV, don't know if it was in the US or somewhere else. Just remember the pin hole in the cards and don't look at it.
I tried to take a few pics through a "auto" welding helmet, it wouldn't darken down enough so my pics are just bright dots.
Oh well maybe the next one.