The Price of Diesel Fuel

B. White

Thanks for the feedback but take note I had no political implications in my comment.

Sure diesel is being attacked by the politicos but supply and demand still holds true.

If I drove a diesel pickup I would be irritated by the fuel prices too And for some reason it feels like that is where this thread is going to reverberate with many folks here.

Does that mean they are not part of the problem?

Sorry the fuel you use is high right now. I’ll call the whaaambulance.

If you'd quit sucking off the power grid we wouldn't need diesel trucks.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Thanks for the feedback but take note I had no political implications in my comment.

Sure diesel is being attacked by the politicos but supply and demand still holds true.

If I drove a diesel pickup I would be irritated by the fuel prices too And for some reason it feels like that is where this thread is going to reverberate with many folks here.

Does that mean they are not part of the problem?
And this is a contender for the 2nd most idiotic.

You must be playing dumb. There is no "supply and demand" when the "politicos" get involved.

You may not believe it now but these fuel "shortages" won't stop with diesel.

Your gas sipper is next on the chopping block pal.

earlthegoat2

I’m going for 3rd then. This is going splendidly.

I’ve somehow come across as a greenie weenie for criticizing diesel monkeys…I suppose that was a troll thing to say. But I stand by it anyway. People like what you like, in the end.

The more people want diesel, whether it is to fill up their own vehicle or buy consuming anything delivered by truck, the higher the price will stay independent of government intervention. I agree, Government intervention artificially skews it but the base price is still going up if more people want it and the things it makes possible.

That was all I was implying. I’m not for government intervention of fuel prices or the green new deal despite what you may be reading into this.

My 2005 Jeep and V10 F250 aren't exactly going to win me any gas sipping awards.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I’m going for 3rd then. This is going splendidly.

I’ve somehow come across as a greenie weenie for criticizing diesel monkeys…I suppose that was a troll thing to say. But I stand by it anyway. People like what you like, in the end.

The more people want diesel, whether it is to fill up their own vehicle or buy consuming anything delivered by truck, the higher the price will stay independent of government intervention. I agree, Government intervention artificially skews it but the base price is still going up if more people want it and the things it makes possible.

That was all I was implying. I’m not for government intervention of fuel prices or the green new deal despite what you may be reading into this.

My 2005 Jeep and V10 F250 aren't exactly going to win me any gas sipping awards.
Ok ill adjust my idiocy assessment for just plain dumb ol trolling.

leroy

For most of my life, diesel was much, much cheaper than gas, as it should be, because it is a less refined product. Then, the Obama administration jacked the taxes up on it so that it's now a lot more expensive than gas.
Nah, it's my fault, i bought a diesel truck 18 yrs ago price went up hasn't went down since. Lol

sinclair1

I am not a rocket scientist,but....I know who delivers the things I need and want.Truckers.

Trucks mostly run on diesel oil,and if we are going to allow that fuel to be way over priced,we will not get this "inflation" thing under control.The men and women who drive these trucks are being robbed by big oil,and it's gotta stop.

Anybody agree?
The owner operators get a fuel allowance when they take the load. It’s passed on to the consumer pretty much immediately as far as trucking price. The Fuel was adjusted regular.
I ran a well known sodas containers from Sav to Atl importing the syrup for your American made soda.
Soda has doubled or more, so they didn’t absorb any cost. Once stateside, the local drivers make more as well.
On top of stateside issues, the global container shortages has created a bidding war where in some markets the cost per container has risen 10x what they were in 2018

Last edited:

oldfella1962

I am not a rocket scientist,but....I know who delivers the things I need and want.Truckers.

Trucks mostly run on diesel oil,and if we are going to allow that fuel to be way over priced,we will not get this "inflation" thing under control.The men and women who drive these trucks are being robbed by big oil,and it's gotta stop.

Anybody agree?
Agree! Those of us who only drive gas powered vehicles can figure out ways to drive less - carpool, consolidate the various separate trips we take through careful planning, ride a bicycle, you name it. High gas prices are not a "deal breaker" for most of us and won't affect what other people pay for their goods & services. HOWEVER commercial diesel truck drivers/railroads/ships & boats/heavy equipment etc. DO NOT HAVE THAT OPTION! There is no way high diesel prices won't increase inflation - it's simple math, so if my tiny brain can figure it out the HMIC should be able to figure it out. :mad:

srb

It’s 5.00 dollars a gallon here, Just about all of my equipment is diesel.

The trucks are half gas & diesel..

What i believe was the off road , Use to be less it was only .10 cents cheaper ,

Hard to believe that tax is that high.