The Rainbow Buck...a year older

spring

Just over a year ago I posted pics here of a buck that came out under a rainbow that was out while I was hunting. Pretty sure I saw him again a few minutes ago. He came out in the exact same part of the same clover patch as he did last year. Pretty cool to see how he has grown.

Here are last years pics followed by the some from this afternoon.0741BD30-3B4A-4D07-9A19-E092D2CCBEAE.jpeg6CDF01CC-AE93-4DFC-8FAF-F1339B176465.jpeg

And here he was today...He was standing by the same little tree in the first pic above. Interesting how bucks are territorial and follow the same patterns—even a year apart.

tempImageqR8PHV.jpg
tempImagePCk3in.jpg59050437-367C-4FDC-8845-AE4A133F4EEE.jpeg

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great pictures ! I remember your rainbow picture from last year . I bet your bet is correct . Are you hunting or just photographing ?

spring

Great pictures ! I remember your rainbow picture from last year . I bet your bet is correct . Are you hunting or just photographing ?

I'm sort of hunting; just rarely shoot anything. Sort of catch and release I guess once I get a picture taken. Did shoot a pretty nice one about a month ago. As much as anything, I guess I'm scouting with hope that my son will pop one like this that I've passed up; these days I get way more happiness when it works out like that.

buckpasser

That’s super cool! Very nice buck either way.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Man that is a pretty sight! That deer is a hoss too! He’ll look great on the wall when Spring jr puts him down! Man what’s awesome deer!