The secret to peeling perfect boiled eggs.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Do you do this after they are boiled and before you break the shell? or before you boil them

I have noticed if the shell cracks during boiling they seem to peel easier, like they get a little water between the membrane and the white.
I do this when I take them out of the fridge.
You will hear a distinct change in the tapping sound.
We are doing 36 today. I will update later.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
After trying several different methods We have decided the following.
Put eggs in tap water in pot.
Heat to a rolling boil,set timer for 9 minutes. Boil for 9 minutes.Turn off and cool down eggs with cool water.
Once cool,break shells and peel under running water.
Had 17 out of 18 perfect.
Eggs were bought on Tuesday.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My wife is peeling some for tater salad right now, and they're shucking perfectly. She says to boil them 10 minutes with some vinegar in the water, then stick them in the them in the fridge overnight and peel the next day. She says peck it on both ends, then roll it on the counter, and the shell peels right off.
That's exactly how I peel mine.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Being a lifelong pickled egg connoisseur, I used to get upset peeling eggs until one late night about 20 years ago watching an Emeril rerun. Place the eggs into the water, boil for 10 min after the water rolls, then rinse in cold water. Wait five minutes and pow. I peel them under the sink water.

I think most folks overcook boiled eggs, I sure was. I am going to try the put back into the fridge trick.