These "1st's" aren't any fun.....

Arrow3

Made it through. Dads birthday was the 6th and the anniversary of his passing was the 8th. I feel a sense of relief now that a year has gone by. Maybe the days will be a little easier now.

LTZ25

I also lost my mother and father and it was hard but it's natural , when I lost my wife of 50 years it was way harder to deal with .

oldfella1962

I also lost my mother and father and it was hard but it's natural , when I lost my wife of 50 years it was way harder to deal with .
Yes I would imagine so. I'm not looking forward to my wife eventually passing away. :( I just hope her last few years are good ones.

tr21

yes, they are tough. my dad would of been 85 on January 1st. we lost him February 2, 2023. Christmas and New Year were tough for me and my brother. I sure miss our daily phone conversations. so many time this past year I picked up the phone and went to call him to tell him when something good happened :cry:

BeerThirty

Sorry for your loss.

It's always interesting how things change when folks are gone. When we lost my grandma, we found out the hard way that she was the glue that kept the family together. Used to get together for every holiday and special occasions. Now, without her, I'm lucky if I see anyone on that side of the family once every 5 years. My mom tries but said Grandma was the matriarch and the only one who could "motivate" folks to do it.

Latest posts