These cameras any good?

Luckybuck

Like any other electronics some work out of the box and some don't. Have been addicted to trail camera use since the 35mm days. Right now I am very high on the results that I have gotten from the Browning Range Ops. Good daytime photos, fair at night pending distance taken, great battery life, easy to use and lots of features you pay lots more money for. This camera at Cabelas is 119 but I just purchased another one 3 weeks ago on line thru E-bay new unused for 79 and free shipping. Had terrible luck with menu board going out on Moultries. For money try the Browning and if it takes legs and walks out of woods at least it did not break the bank (although I would be highly CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored if I lost mine)

joedublin

I've used one of the real small TASCO cameras for the past 3 season and it does a very good job...pretty inexpensive, too !

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anyone used this exact camera and what you think of it?.

gt40

Attachments

• camera 1 .jpg
    camera 1 .jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

edsebring

2 of my six cameras are WGI cameras. Last year the WGI cameras took more pictures than my other Moultrie cameras. I thought at first it was just the location of the cameras so after switching them around The WGI cameras still took twice as many pictures at better distances than the other cameras. The WGI's were taking pictures even at night twenty five and thirty yards out.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Are both of these cameras the same ones? Big difference in price.

gt40

Attachments

• camera 1 .jpg
    camera 1 .jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 356
  • camera 2 .jpg
    camera 2 .jpg
    47 KB · Views: 344

thericcardgrp

For what it is worth . I use the Moultrie line. I buy the A5's 8 of them when they first came out. They are great in still mode and video mode. The batteries last most of the season. They are inexpensive if stolen and they have never let me down. I also have purchased 6 newer models the A5 gen 2 which cost a few more dollars but both are between 59-79 $.

http://store.hermanstreet.com/elect...ZdqISkyUpMI2y5FQZvGy7XtpkBoi2ajTEAaAs998P8HAQ

That is the 14 that I own . A few guys in my club have bought several of the same and have had no problems.

tommy jacobs

I have that same camera, it was on sale for $50.00 dollars, I went for it, very simple and takes fine pictures for me so far, I have 2 $50.00 cameras and 2 Bushnell's that cost $200.00 each that half the pictures are white all the time, the cheap cameras have never had any white pictures, I hear the Browning camera is the way to go for $129.00, I will try it next.

The new Brownings are having some issues they have a update that is supposedly fixing it.

Are both of these cameras the same ones? Big difference in price.

gt40
that is the same camera. You get all the warranty free shipping and a 8 gig card. That's why there is difference like that. Trail cam will price match however you loose the warranty and 90 day return deal and memory card.