They’re cut’n up down here already

buckpasser

They’re not all the way serious yet, as the hen flocks aren’t completely fragmented but they’re acting very different this week. I’ve seen a few single Toms alone and bee lining it to new territory. I also saw a late evening strutter by himself Wednesday and was able to watch him desperately gobble in hopes of some companionship. I know “the science” would say I’m wrong, but I’ve also seen some hens out alone in the middle of nowhere and I believe they are nest sight searching.

While I’m burning woods, cleaning pine pollen off my truck and watching bass beds pop up in the ponds, it appears to me that spring has sprung a bit early this time, even for south GA standards.

pjciii

I have not seen our bachelors Or girls in about 2 months. Was actually asking a few other neighbors and they haven't seen them in a while either. We will see.

NCMTNHunter

This ol boy has been firing off every morning for the last couple weeks. This pic was Saturday. It’s not uncommon for them to get started mid February here.

8B14FD3B-9B15-4FDE-8875-33A412B0E105.jpeg

across the river

Walked around a good bit yesterday, and birds still seemed grouped up. Gobblers don’t appear to have really split up yet, and still the huge groups of hens like they were in during deer season. Can’t be far off though.

buckpasser

Walked around a good bit yesterday, and birds still seemed grouped up. Gobblers don’t appear to have really split up yet, and still the huge groups of hens like they were in during deer season. Can’t be far off though.

You’re a bit north of me, but you’re right.

Baroque Brass

I had a big Tom eating corn in the backyard yesterday. Having coffee on the porch and I’m hearing one gobble, I assume the same one. Now I see one in full strut down through the trees.

Blackston

Seen 2 with heads so red they were glowing, yesterday

fullstrut

I've heard numerous birds on Clark's Hill Lake while fishing for those Paper Mouths. Always camo up and have my calls and gun if fishing during Turkey Season. Good looking slabs there Sir, good luck this season on the birds. Looks like the Luck on fishing is good.