Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
good morning eli

Hope the healing is continuing.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good morning folks, this is one tough bug, survived first days of meds, but I'm back at the grind stone.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
mornin Ruger

hope the meds kick the bug

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:biggrin2: Mornin! Gotta go to Monster's school this morning and watch him get an award......what kind is yet to be known....facepalm::bounce:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mannn, have I got a project now. :unsure:

Bought a new Range and it's just a typical Electric slide in. The one I'm taking out because it went bad, 30 yr old Jenn Aire down draft, the oven wouldn't stay on and a couple of the Burner eyes on top would cycle on and off inconsistently.

Anyway, I slide it out this morning and unbeknownst to me there's a decent sized snail blower under it mounted to floor in cavity beneath the stove. I knew it had a blower/suction, but I thought it was installed under the floor in crawl space with duct running over to a foundation vent. I know I bumped into the vent pipe under the house years ago, but thought the blower was mounted beneath the floor also, NOT.

Long story short, MizT and I both just didn't want to buy another down draft @ $3,000.00 and this house doesn't have a hood vent above or even a duct through cabinet, attic, and roof vent.

Scratching my head now with hole in floor(easy fix) but no vent now. facepalm:

Only thing I can think of is build a thin wide sheet metal duct about 1-1 1/2" deep X approx. the width of stove about a 1/2" above the top rear of stove backsplash tapering down through hole in floor to round flex end to attach(on blower) reinstalled under floor in crawl space to duct under house.

If that makes sense. I still think it would be less expensive than a $3,000.00 downdraft stove.

The New stove is being delivered today.

facepalm:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
:biggrin2: Mornin! Gotta go to Monster's school this morning and watch him get an award......what kind is yet to be known....facepalm::bounce:

Sword fighting maybe?

Cmp1

BANNED
Mannn, have I got a project now. :unsure:

Bought a new Range and it's just a typical Electric slide in. The one I'm taking out because it went bad, 30 yr old Jenn Aire down draft, the oven wouldn't stay on and a couple of the Burner eyes on top would cycle on and off inconsistently.

Anyway, I slide it out this morning and unbeknownst to me there's a decent sized snail blower under it mounted to floor in cavity beneath the stove. I knew it had a blower/suction, but I thought it was installed under the floor in crawl space with duct running over to a foundation vent. I know I bumped into the vent pipe under the house years ago, but thought the blower was mounted beneath the floor also, NOT.

Long story short, MizT and I both just didn't want to buy another down draft @ $3,000.00 and this house doesn't have a hood vent above or even a duct through cabinet, attic, and roof vent.

Scratching my head now with hole in floor(easy fix) but no vent now. facepalm:

Only thing I can think of is build a thin wide sheet metal duct about 1-1 1/2" deep X approx. the width of stove about a 1/2" above the top rear of stove backsplash tapering down through hole in floor to round flex end to attach(on blower) reinstalled under floor in crawl space to duct under house.

If that makes sense. I still think it would be less expensive than a $3,000.00 downdraft stove.

The New stove is being delivered today.

facepalm:
Sounds good to me,,,,

Mng folks,,,,

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
In a nutshell.....I'm SCREWED!!!

:banginghe

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I need my meds to kick in as me and that Chineese guy are coming to terms this weekend. Need my storage lockers done. Two folks in this house and still not enough storage. facepalm:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

It is always a surprise.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Sounds good to me,,,,

Mng folks,,,,

Yeah, it sounds good, but I'm not a sheet metal mechanic and don't have the slightest idea where to find one for such a small custom piece made to my necessary dimensions and application. Hard to find someone like that nowadays unless you offer them an outrageous amount for something that simple. Hard to find someone for a small job like this.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
What kind of stove did you get?

GE I think, MizT ordered it. I just got out of the way and let her get what she wanted.

Cmp1

BANNED
Yeah, it sounds good, but I'm not a sheet metal mechanic and don't have the slightest idea where to find one for such a small custom piece made to my necessary dimensions and application. Hard to find someone like that nowadays unless you offer them an outrageous amount for something that simple. Hard to find someone for a small job like this.
Can you use flexible metal dryer vent?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Can you use flexible metal dryer vent?

The blower has 6" flex on it now, but I would like a low profile slim, but wide, metal duct protruding just across the top the entire width of backsplash where controls are, going down to existing hole in floor to blower, even if that is flex.

I can't have the range pushed too far off the wall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.