This bites

BigMassiveDaddy

On Tuesday, my dad found this one dead on our Hancock County land that we just bought this summer. We're letting it rest for a year due to the past pressure. There were 25-30 people on 570 acres last year and they killed a lot of deer.

While walking a creek, he found this 116 inch (rough score) 8 pointer. 9 inch G-2s, 21+ inch beams. Looks like great genes. We just hate that it didn't live one more year. He'd been a good one. After getting some food to these deer, we should have some good ones in a few years.

Attachments

• found8hancock 001.jpg
    found8hancock 001.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 293

Kdog

Hate to see that you lost that one, but his daddy may still be out there. Let me know if you need some help with them. ;)

Kdog

Duff

Yea, that does bites BMD, that would have been some great genes to pass along. Good idea about not hunting the land this year. S hould be good hunting next season

DSGB

Man, that's too bad you didn't get to see him alive. At least you have an idea of the genes on the property.

mpowell

what a pretty rack! 30 hunters on less than 600 acres sounds like ALOT of pressure to me.

beginnersluck

That's a good looking set of horns. Too bad he didn't make it. It's good to see guys like you try to take care of the deer population on your property. It's tough to have that much pressure and expect to see good quality (if any) deer. You're doing the right thing. Give them a sanctuary! You'll be glad you did come next year! :flag:

H

HT2

Bmd.....

Yeah, that does "BITE"!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

But ya'll are doin' the right thing by lettin' it "cool down" for a year.......I hope it all works out for ya'll.......Looks as if there may be some good "genes" on the property......

BTW.....

Where bouts in Hancock is it????? ::huh:

BigMassiveDaddy

Ht2

The land is near Culverton. About 5 miles East of Sparta on Hwy 16.

We are hoping that it's good land and from the rack on this one, it should have some potential.

H

HT2

Bmd.....

10-4 Brohter......

I hope it works out for ya'll......

If'n you are rollin' down Hwy. 15 headed that way just pull down Mt. Stephens Road and gimme a holler......If'n I'm there........ :D