This morning must have been the day to be in the woods.

Meriwether Mike

I got a report earlier from HPostelle that a nice buck was taken down on Caney Head Hunt Club this morning by the club president. He was an 8 point with a 16 inch inside spread, 5 1/4 inch bases and 23 inch main beams. Sounds like another tall rack from Heard County. Whats really strange is he was running with 2 other bucks. The boss must still be down there if he was tolerating other bucks this late. Hopefully we can get some pics posted.

kevincox

In a article I read about moon phases said tomorrow should be one of the best movement days of the year! I have appt in the morning but considered hunting from say 10am to about 3pm. What do yall think? any mid- day movement?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Congrats to the hunter. Hopefully the daytime movement will be getting strong quick

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a good one. If he was running with other bucks, that just goes to show that Heard's rut is on schedule. Usually for us the good activity is the 2nd and 3rd week in November.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Mike, sounds like another nice buck off of CHHC though I know that one ain't the boss.

Go get him!

bettyboop

haven't heard from anyone this a.m. (mom or boyfriend), so
they must still be in the woods - hopefully that's a good sign -
have heard of alot of movement between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
kevincox so good luck

Meriwether Mike

Heres a picture of the buck taken at CHHC

Let me say congrats to Virghol on a nice one. This is a HOSS!!

Attachments

• CHHC 2005.jpg
    CHHC 2005.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 575

Jasper

Let me be the first to say WOW! Awesome buck, congratulations!

the HEED!

Banned
SON! What a buck! WAY TO GO :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awsome Buck. :yeah:

Meriwether Mike

Just for the record!!

There are not any deer in Heard County!! :D