This Saturday, July 30, on The Tying Bench: Learn to tie the incredible Stealth Bomber!

Steve Hudson

Learn to tie and fish this great fly for summer and fall bass fishing!

This Saturday (July 30) at 10 a.m. Eastern on The Tying Bench, we'll be tying what has surely become a modern classic among topwater bass flies -- the Stealth Bomber!
Developed by Kent Edmonds, the Stealth Bomber has taken the warmwater flyfishing world by storm. This durable fly is tied using a stinger hook such as the Gamakatsu B10S. I'll be tying on a size 6 B10S hook, a good all-around size for this fly.
To that hook we'll add bucktail in two colors, some flash, some rubber legs, and a bit of bright dubbing -- plus (and this is the key element) a carefully crafted sheet foam body that gives the fly exceptional action in the water.
Many different color schemes are possible. On Saturday, I'll be tying using white foam, white and chartreuse bucktail, pearl Flashabou, and variegated orange/yellow Crazy Legs. But many color palettes are possible. Unleash your creativity!

Materials needed to tie the Stealth Bomber:
HOOK:
Size 6 stinger hook. I'll be using the Gamakatsu B10S in size 6.

THREAD: 3/0 or 210 denier thread. If you can, approximately match the color of the foam body.

TAIL ELEMENT 1: White bucktail
TAIL ELEMENT 2: Pearl Krystal Flash or similar
TAIL ELEMENT 2: Chartreuse bucktail

UNDERBODY: Sparkly dubbing blend. I'll be using "Silver Holographic" or "Minnow Belly" Ice Dub. Many other colors will work too -- consider your overall color palette, and be creative!

BODY: Cut from a sheet of 2mm foam. Color is up to you. You can cut the foam to shape by hand (it's very easy to do, and I'll show you how), or you can cut out bodies using a commercially made cutting tool.

WING: Crystal Flash, pearl

LEGS: Silicone leg material in your choice of color. I'll be using Crazy Legs in yellow/orange. Alternately, I'll often simply use white elastic leg material and color it with a Sharpie or other permanent marker.

Other things you will need:
1) Ruler for measuring the foam
2) Craft scissors for cutting the foam

ZOOM Login Details:
Meeting ID: 845 9194 7190

Passcode: FlyTying30 [two capital letters, no spaces]