Thursday Evening Fishfry at Charlie Elliott WC!

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
This Thursday evening the wife and I are going to fry up some fish, puppies, fries & slaw for Jasper, Beagle Boy and a couple of others who are bringing their young'uns to the Youth Gun Hunt at Charlie Elliott/Clybel WMA.

Any of you Woodyites that live in the area that would like to come by and join us would be more than welcome. Just let me know a little in advance if you'd like to eat with us so I bring enough.

We will be at the campground and dinner will be served just after sundown!

BTW, ain't it great that we have men such as these that are willing to take their kids hunting on opening weekend?

:clap: :flag: :clap:

Handgunner

Sounds like a nice time is gonna be had, Jeff.

If not, just the fish and puppies would make it worthwhile! :D

Don't forget the cheese grits! ::ke:

QuakerBoy

I'd join ya too, but I don't think I'd make it by sunset :D

ditchdoc24

Jeff, I'll be in orientation class for my new job all day but I'll probably stop by just to meet everybody. I may be there a bit after dark cuz I'm coming from Kennesaw but I'll be sure to stop by.

t bird

Jeff

I might be up that way at our new club thursday, it backs up to Clybel, lookin around. I might drop in and speak to ya'll if i can find it. It would be nice to meet a fellow woodyite! Trae

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Hey Jeff, me and the son may stop by also. Our club is right on Murder Creek Rd. not 4-5 miles from the WMA camp.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Good deal folks!

Y'all come on by!

We'll either be at the camp ground or under the shed at the hunter's check-in board. The two are only a couple hundred yards apart and easy to find.

I'll be there getting things ready by 5PM, hopefully sooner according to my workload, but dinner will be served when the hungry hunters come out of the woods!

Look forward to meeting y'all!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Yall have fun!

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope y'all have a good time.

ditchdoc24

Jeff, I may not get there until about 7 or so. Found out today that my orientation class will probably be running until about 5 and then I have to drive from Kennesaw all the way back to Jasper county through all that dang traffic.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
ditch,

We'd love to see you there. We'll probably eat about 7:30 or so because the hunters should not be out of the woods till then.

However, if you can't get through all that traffic I'd certainly understand! That's a heck of a haul!

We'll have plenty! Come if you can.

meriwether john

Come on Paulie if ya' left now you should make it in time ::ke:
Hard to turn down a fish fry specially as I'm thinking these could be saltwater variety, but no worky no payee.
Hope dinner gets delayed with them kids checking in at the weigh-in. :)

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
MJ,

The fish will primarily be King with a little Spanish, snapper & hydrid thrown in for good measure!

It's thawin' as we speak and tonight it'll be trimmed and soaked in buttermilk over night!

:D

Can you smell the hot grease? :)

Jasper

Jeff Young said:
MJ,

The fish will primarily be King with a little Spanish, snapper & hydrid thrown in for good measure!

It's thawin' as we speak and tonight it'll be trimmed and soaked in buttermilk over night!

:D

Can you smell the hot grease? :)

Man, I sure can............

Austin had asked me what kind of fish you were cooking and I told him I didn't know, but from what I'd heard if Jeff Young fried it up, it was good! He'll be happy to know you have some snapper as that's his favorite.

FYWI (For You Woodyite's Info)- Jeff isn't even hunting. He's just coming down to cook because he enjoys it and is a super nice guy. The outdoor community could use more guys like Jeff. I hope some of you can swing by and join in on the feast. :pop:

SouthPaw Draw

Anyone up for a muzzleloader or bow hunt or our property before the cookout tomorrow afternoon? Property is real close to the WMA campground. Can take 1 guest.

ditchdoc24

I'd take you up on it southpaw but I have got to play with a helicopter all afternoon tomorrow. I hope you kill one though.

Jeff... I'll definitely stop by for a bit. It'll be worth it to meet everybody from Woody's who stops by.

matthewsman

Jeff we'll all drop by

Get the Debbies together again and bringing Hunter...We're not on the hunt,but have a buddy"stand in a special place and a new youth .243........

I have some snapper fillets with maybe a trigger fish or two in the mix,about 4lbs or so,I'll bring that and some hotdogs for the landlubbers in the bunch........Donnie

SouthPaw Draw

ditchdoc24 said:
I'd take you up on it southpaw but I have got to play with a helicopter all afternoon tomorrow. I hope you kill one though.

Jeff... I'll definitely stop by for a bit. It'll be worth it to meet everybody from Woody's who stops by.

Maybe another day Doc. Hope to get to meet you and all the other Woodites this evening.

Kdog

Well, they should be about finished up with all the grub by now. :( :( :( Sure hate that we could not make the hunt or the the dinner. I know it was great. Hope everyone had a great time.

Kdog