Tifton

duckman18

i am going to be moving down to tifton in the fall to go to school. how is the duck hunting down there? are there any public places that i would be able to access?

Mark K

Banned
Find a farmers daughter to date and you'll have plenty of places. Paradise PFA has some hunts -never been though. Get out and ride the country - stop if you see something worth checking out - find owner - introduce yourself (not in camo or truck covered in mud) - and your liable to get permission. Just remember leave the land better than you found it!

tshawg

Just what Mark said, ive never hunted Paradise eather but if you have a small boat Lake Blackshear is about 45 min. away. Not great hunting up there but i have killed some ducks there.

duckman18

Just what Mark said, ive never hunted Paradise eather but if you have a small boat Lake Blackshear is about 45 min. away. Not great hunting up there but i have killed some ducks there.

yeah thats about what i figured. i am part of a deer camp in abbeville and its not too far away. it borders the ocmulgee so i may just head up there to hunt some

brittonl

May want to look at either Horse Creek WMA or Grand Bay WMA's. Best bet is to talk with a local land owner though, like already said.

Assuming you are attending ABAC, I am an ABAC alumni and sure had some good times down there! Enjoy!

Gobblergetter

you wouldn't happen to be going for a business major would you? I remember meeting someone from taccoa at orientation.

but like the others said just just look around and meet the riht people.. all I hunt around here is private places we've got permission to.. paradise isn't worth it and other public land is about to far.

duckman18

you wouldn't happen to be going for a business major would you? I remember meeting someone from taccoa at orientation.

but like the others said just just look around and meet the riht people.. all I hunt around here is private places we've got permission to.. paradise isn't worth it and other public land is about to far.

yeah man that was me, o okay guess i will just be looking around

I was born in tifton. Known for its poultry and rice.

Go check out kates kitchen on 47. Tell her uncle bill sent you.

Also a good gun store on hwy 26 west.

Lots of good people in tifton. Most dont duck hunt. So be carefull with riding around. Dont knock on doors there either. Brother in law got meds stolen out of his bathroom with a guy who wanted to use the restroom. Siad he knocken on the door and said he had to use the bathroom real bad. Like poo kinda bad. So he let him in and he shanked his prescription medication. Seem to be a trend according to law.
Be carefull.

cpowel10

I was born in tifton. Known for its poultry and rice.

Go check out kates kitchen on 47. Tell her uncle bill sent you.

Also a good gun store on hwy 26 west.

Lots of good people in tifton. Most dont duck hunt. So be carefull with riding around. Dont knock on doors there either. Brother in law got meds stolen out of his bathroom with a guy who wanted to use the restroom. Siad he knocken on the door and said he had to use the bathroom real bad. Like poo kinda bad. So he let him in and he shanked his prescription medication. Seem to be a trend according to law.
Be carefull.

Are you talking about tifton GA? Tift County? I live about 15 or 20 minutes from tifton so ive been around it pretty good. I haven't heard of any of these places, or the roads.

I dang sure haven't seen any rice. Fill me in on all this!

I graduated from ABAC last may and I'm at VSU now. ABAC is a great school!

cpowel10

poultry and rice- also known as chicken and rice at kaes kitchen friend

Where is the restaurant at? I'll check it out next time I'm riding through.

I didn't realize you were talking about chicken and rice as a dish. I thought you were talking about chicken houses and rice fields in the first post. You had me confused.

chadder

yea man i go to abac too, so just holler at me i have several ponds on the land i hunt which is around 3000 acres. i also have tons of luck up at the ocmulgee river you can float and shoot all day.