Top facilities

riprap

It's suppose to be 1 porta potty for every 10 men on the job for a normal work week? Is this not the standard at UGA. Fire Kirby!

joepuppy

Yeah to say UGA wasn't loaded with talent that year would be ridiculous.
We did not wait till CKS third year, and I dont want to hear about how we were stacked with talent. We had very little on either LOS, we had a few skilled players, because that is all CMR recruited. I did not see much improvement from year one to year two under Pruitt, and his recruiting at UT is pathetic at best. CKS brought bout 15 5*'w in his first 3 years, and it is big news if Pruitt brings in One. The OL deal is great for UT, but the fact is we did not have any room for OL's this years as we already have 5*'s backing up 5* there. What we did need was DL and we got what most recruiting services are saying were the best 3 DL in Tennessee.

Might want to take a look at CKS's first roster. Looked awful talented to me.

When was year two for CJP?

brownceluse

We had no depth in Kirby’s first year. We had talent but one deep doesn’t cut it. Second year the entire team bought in. Had several key seniors stay in year 2. Kirby and Pittman started attacking the O line immediately in recruiting. We had limited depth in year 2. Last year the team over achieves. In all honesty if we don’t make the playoffs this year it’s a bust for me. If Pruitt doesn’t win 9 or 10 games this year I’d be very concerned if I were vol. he comes from a coaching tree that knows how to win. His greatest task is getting 85 kids to buy in and follow him. Nick Chubb told Kirby coming out of tunnel for the NCG that he’d follow him anywhere. That tells me Kirby can is in 100% control and they bought in. Not saying Pruitt can’t. Just that year two should be light years ahead. Better tackling, execution etc. To Pruitt recruiting and coaching are easy but it takes a special person to have 85 kids plus all the coaches headed in the same direction. We shall see.....

SpotandStalk

Nick Chubb told Kirby coming out of tunnel for the NCG that he’d follow him anywhere. That tells me Kirby can is in 100% control and they bought in.

In all fairness, Chubb was an entirely different player than most we see today. His character and class were as good as they come. That is a product of CMR imo. It will be interesting to see if CKS can beat the thug out of some of these 5*s and turn them into Chubbs.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

What happened to all those freshmen, that the UT fans had been telling us about for years. I am aware of the talent that was at UGA that year, they were very thin across both sides of the LOS.

joepuppy

Maybe my version of "thin" is different than yours. There's a difference in no depth and decimated I guess. My point was a good coach worth his salt could have pulled out a decent season with that roster.

brownceluse

In all fairness, Chubb was an entirely different player than most we see today. His character and class were as good as they come. That is a product of CMR imo. It will be interesting to see if CKS can beat the thug out of some of these 5*s and turn them into Chubbs.
CMR has nothing to do with Chubb other than recruiting him to UGA. Chub got that from being raised right.

brownceluse

Maybe my version of "thin" is different than yours. There's a difference in no depth and decimated I guess. My point was a good coach worth his salt could have pulled out a decent season with that roster.
Also remember a 100% culuture change came and slapped those players in the face. Rucht ran a laid back program and Kirby doesn’t. Pruitt maybe is a lot like Kirby in that regard compared to Butch. Like I said if Pruitt is all that and bag of chips you’ll see a 9-10 wins and a couple heart break losses. If you see anything other than that it could get ugly in Knoxville. He’s recruited good in two years. His system is installed from S&C to the field. We shall see...

SpotandStalk

CMR has nothing to do with Chubb other than recruiting him to UGA. Chub got that from being raised right.

I'm sure he was raised well but you know good and well Richt had a hand in him too.

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

I think if Saban had took that team over, he would have looked at our LOS and shook his head. Vanderbilt beat that team in Georgia. And that should never happen.

BuckNasty83

We had no depth in Kirby’s first year. We had talent but one deep doesn’t cut it. Second year the entire team bought in. Had several key seniors stay in year 2. Kirby and Pittman started attacking the O line immediately in recruiting. We had limited depth in year 2. Last year the team over achieves. In all honesty if we don’t make the playoffs this year it’s a bust for me. If Pruitt doesn’t win 9 or 10 games this year I’d be very concerned if I were vol. he comes from a coaching tree that knows how to win. His greatest task is getting 85 kids to buy in and follow him. Nick Chubb told Kirby coming out of tunnel for the NCG that he’d follow him anywhere. That tells me Kirby can is in 100% control and they bought in. Not saying Pruitt can’t. Just that year two should be light years ahead. Better tackling, execution etc. To Pruitt recruiting and coaching are easy but it takes a special person to have 85 kids plus all the coaches headed in the same direction. We shall see.....

We had no depth this year and are losing a lot of upperclassmen leaving us with no depth this coming season. It will be year 3 before we actually have depth.

Literally guys were playing offense and defense last year trying to fill holes. We just lost another starter due to retirement and will probably lose Trey Smith to blood clots in the lungs.

Basically a new o line, d line and lb corp this year. If your expecting 10 wins, your asking for too much this year. But the schedule is looking mighty fine for once

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We had no depth this year and are losing a lot of upperclassmen leaving us with no depth this coming season. It will be year 3 before we actually have depth.

Literally guys were playing offense and defense last year trying to fill holes. We just lost another starter due to retirement and will probably lose Trey Smith to blood clots in the lungs.

Basically a new o line, d line and lb corp this year. If your expecting 10 wins, your asking for too much this year. But the schedule is looking mighty fine for once

Buck it is hard coming back from that. CKS's first year was a shock to the current players, as they had not been held accountable before. He got buy in and the next year he was in the NC game, which he could have won.

BuckNasty83

Buck it is hard coming back from that. CKS's first year was a shock to the current players, as they had not been held accountable before. He got buy in and the next year he was in the NC game, which he could have won.
Yes, I'm looking forward to this year, but year 3 I think will be the big jump

brownceluse

If Pruitt is cut from the same cloth of the Saban tree that Kirby and Jimbo cane from you’ll win 9 or 10 games.