Trapping season

Doug B.

Good luck to y’all this season. I got a few sets out. Not as much as I wanted, but I’m pretty handicapped right now waiting on fields to be plowed again. Hopefully a few critters want to ride home with me soon
Good job! May your traps be full!

I got a call from one of the farmers yesterday that I trap for. He is ready for me to start. And I'm ready to start, although I have actually caught a few already on his land this year. He did give me some insight on places that needs some attention so that helps me.

We need to go ahead and start a weekly thread. I don't have any traps set yet but a thread would help me get motivated. Sportsman94 since you have traps set, start a thread with your first catch. It might be slow to start with but it should pick up as time goes on!

sportsman94

Doug, you’ll probably get traps out and catch everything in a 4 mile radius before I make a catch. I’ll start a thread if I start catching. Gotta get my dslr charged up just in case. I think I’ve got 15 out including 2 220s on crossovers for otter and a 330 for otter or beaver. Have a few more spots that I’m waiting to see if sign appears since I’ve never trapped this farm. Also missing out on some spots trying to stay away from deer stands

Furtaker, I saw this one following a doe this afternoon while walking out of a field. Not a giant, but big enough to get his picture taken

I’m usually predominantly a flat set trapper, but decided to put in dirt holes almost exclusively today. Trying to get better at using them. I may go back and fill in some flat sets eventually

Attachments

• C626A985-2038-431E-A95B-80A7D5864203.png
    C626A985-2038-431E-A95B-80A7D5864203.png
    467 KB · Views: 10

Doug B.

Doug, you’ll probably get traps out and catch everything in a 4 mile radius before I make a catch. I’ll start a thread if I start catching. Gotta get my dslr charged up just in case. I think I’ve got 15 out including 2 220s on crossovers for otter and a 330 for otter or beaver. Have a few more spots that I’m waiting to see if sign appears since I’ve never trapped this farm. Also missing out on some spots trying to stay away from deer stands

Furtaker, I saw this one following a doe this afternoon while walking out of a field. Not a giant, but big enough to get his picture taken

I’m usually predominantly a flat set trapper, but decided to put in dirt holes almost exclusively today. Trying to get better at using them. I may go back and fill in some flat sets eventually
Don't sell yourself short. You are a great trapper. Don't be surprised if I start asking you for advice! I can't wait to see your pi tures. Don't be discouraged if you have the only pictures as of yet. You are the only one that has traps out so far. Good job though! That is a motivater for the rest of us!!!