Trijicon Rings

Kwaksmoka

Just purchased the Trijicon Credo 4-16x50 SMP 30mm from Euro Optics, heck of a sale they have going! Now I need some rings for it any suggestions? Haven’t bought a new rifle in 25 years and it came with a scope on it so I’m out of touch to say the least. I don’t have the gun for it yet but thinking about Tikka or Begara 308. TIA

Reactions: Dub

menhadenman

DMZ has a nice mount at a fair price. I have one on one of my Tikkas.

Thanks for the tip on that sale. I’ve been eyeballing a Credo.

Dub

That's going to be some sweet glass @Kwaksmoka (y)

I set up a Bergara .308 Win this afternoon. I picked it up on sale almost a year ago and stashed it in the safe....waiting around and did the same with the glass, waiting for it to also go on sale.

Base & rings used for this one were from Nightforce. Used my handy torque wrench so I didn't heavy-hand anything. Even got sporty and used levels throughout the process. :rofl:

Trigger on this Bergara makes me grin. Clean breaking and feels very light. I'll check it on a pull gauge and see what it actually pulls at.

Gotta finish lacing up the comb pad and find some dang swivels for the sling....I know I have them....just gotta find them. As you can see....my bench is a disorderly mess, currently piled up with projects.

Been getting around to seeing about them on recent days off. (y)

Over the years I've had really good results with Talley LW base/ring sets. Have another one tomorrow that I'll be using them on. (y)

menhadenman

I’ve got a T3X lite stainless in 6.5 and a T3X CTR blued in 308. Both two excellent rifles. The 6.5 is the one with the DMZ one piece. I just have some SWFA rings on the CTR that has a pic rail on top. I’m thinking about a NF or Badger Ordinance mount for it tho.

Kwaksmoka

Thanks guys definitely got me pointed in the right direction! I’m pretty sure I’m gonna go with 308 but need to pull the trigger ???? soon! Much appreciated!

menhadenman

Thanks guys definitely got me pointed in the right direction! I’m pretty sure I’m gonna go with 308 but need to pull the trigger ???? soon! Much appreciated!

308 is hard to beat. Check out the T3X lite stainless, it’s a sweet rifle and real easy to tote. Sportsman’s has deals on them sometimes. Chattanooga isn’t far for me and I think there’s one in Greenville SC.

Dub

308 is hard to beat. Check out the T3X lite stainless, it’s a sweet rifle and real easy to tote. Sportsman’s has deals on them sometimes. Chattanooga isn’t far for me and I think there’s one in Greenville SC.

Tikka can be counted on to put a sweet trigger in their rifles. It's a sure thing.

So often I've had other rifles in hand....getting a feel for them in a store....and dry fired and been unimpressed: creep, heavy pull, etc.

Tikka....always been sweet and adjustable if desired, right ?

menhadenman

Tikka can be counted on to put a sweet trigger in their rifles. It's a sure thing.

So often I've had other rifles in hand....getting a feel for them in a store....and dry fired and been unimpressed: creep, heavy pull, etc.

Tikka....always been sweet and adjustable if desired, right ?

I haven't looked at adjusting the trigger - both guns were sub MOA with 5 shots of factory ammo with the first group :love:.

I haven't actually used my trigger gauge to check but believe they come at 3 lbs and adjust down to 2 lbs with an Allen wrench. I've gotten into enough trouble by not leaving well enough alone so haven't touched my first Tikka setup (rings, scope, or even sling) since the first range session. It's killed a couple animals since and continues to drop MOA groups anytime I test it.

menhadenman

@Kwaksmoka here are the DNZ mounts I've got. You can probably get away with lighter setup but this has been really solid for me so far. I also have one on a 30-06, an older 7 RM, and a 25-06. They haven't budged. Also from North Carolina, also a plus to support folks in the region.

https://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-tikka/

I'd stay away from the cheaper stuff and even some name brands have let me down. The rings that came with my Ruger FTW for example are a little garbage. Sissy screws (T10s I think!) that don't instill confidence. I've got Talley's on my new Browning 7 RM that have held up well.

Some guys on other forums swear by the Sports Match rings that you can mount directly to the T3X receiver and supposedly you can pick them up on Ebay. I haven't tried them so you might search the internet a little to read more.

Good luck! Sounds like you're onto a very nice purchase.

Dub

Wrapped up this one with Talley LW a few minutes ago.

CCBF2BEB-9894-491F-8400-46BE96A53E32.jpeg96CA4212-90CC-4649-BE14-2D2FD422E0E3.jpeg78B86337-38EB-4FD8-B66F-D514DE4256A4.jpeg

I’ve had good results with them on deer rifles over the years.

Semi-local folks over at Talley, too.