Trip to the Wild Turkey Center

Gut_Pile

On my way home from Nitroland last week I stopped by the NWTF's Wild Turkey Center. If you have never been here I would suggest stopping by if you ever get the chance it is a very cool place.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,653
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,028

Gut_Pile

some more

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,017

Gut_Pile

some odd turkeys

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,000
  • IMG_0598.jpg
    IMG_0598.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,023
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 994

TurkeyManiac

You sure that wasnt Boparks house ?

Gut_Pile

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

How did your hunt go?

We had a blast. Mr. Andy is a top notch host. We got on and saw birds everyday. We just couldn't close the deal. They didn't talk much due to being henned up and they busted us a few times as well. All in all it was a great trip that I look forward to doing again...that is if it is Nitro approved! :bounce:

Nitro

Banned
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

How did your hunt go?

We had a great time. Did not kill a bird, but we know where they live now.. We made a few mistakes setting up on a pair of Gobblers......

These swamp turkeys move up and down the river according to the level of the river.....it's high right now and we don't have a lot of high ground.

Will has an invite to return whenever he wants. He is an impressive young man.

I would share camp with him anytime. Thanks again for coming Will!!!!!!!

Gut_Pile

We had a great time. Did not kill a bird, but we know where they live now.. We made a few mistakes setting up on a pair of Gobblers......

These swamp turkeys move up and down the river according to the level of the river.....it's high right now and we don't have a lot of high ground.

Will has an invite to return whenever he wants. He is an impressive young man.

I would share camp with him anytime. Thanks again for coming Will!!!!!!!

Those swamp turkeys did give us a run for our money no doubt. That is what makes it so much fun though...especially when you get to "give one a haircut" as you would say. :bounce:

I can't wait to come back and I would enjoy sharing a camp with you too anytime anywhere. I have some good stories to share with you from the past week. I hope you can take out some revenge for me and you in texas :shoot:. I expect two things from your texas trip which I hope you can make come true

1. A call from you with a bird flopping in the background

2. A picture with your "Swampfox" box call and a bird

Good luck this upcoming weekend!

trkyhntr70

Cool post! Always wanted to visit the NWTF center and hunt the low country, Glad you fellas had a great hunt!

Gaswamp

Thanks for sharing the pics. glad you had a good time with A.G. I need to get with him one of these days as well, but Im waiting for him to get mistake proof.LOL

nhancedsvt

Banned
Looks like a great trip Will! Probably a good thing you didn't kill a bird in the low country. You would've been disappointed after your GA bird.

Gut_Pile

Looks like a great trip Will! Probably a good thing you didn't kill a bird in the low country. You would've been disappointed after your GA bird.

Trust me...i'm never disappointed with any long beard! :bounce:

SHMELTON

Banned
Those swamp turkeys did give us a run for our money no doubt. That is what makes it so much fun though...especially when you get to "give one a haircut" as you would say. :bounce:

I can't wait to come back and I would enjoy sharing a camp with you too anytime anywhere. I have some good stories to share with you from the past week. I hope you can take out some revenge for me and you in texas :shoot:. I expect two things from your texas trip which I hope you can make come true

1. A call from you with a bird flopping in the background

2. A picture with your "Swampfox" box call and a bird

Good luck this upcoming weekend!

:love:

Mission

wheres the turkey center located? and dont tell me bo parks basement:D

GooGoos

Very cool. Thanks for sharing with us

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That would be a Great Place to go for sure! Thanks for sharing, those are some GREAT PICS!! I really love the one with the Cougar going after Dinner! Reminds me of my cat catching a Blue Jay one morning while I was looking out my window(Way back when I was a Kid)..........very cool, True Nature!