Triplets headed out

godogs57

Three of a kind just finished up today. This is my Personal Hunter model. It’s what I carry in my pack each fall. The two on either side are consecutive cuts off a block of extremely fancy desert ironwood, while the middle one is a mind blowing piece of stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood I sourced from Australia (stabilized in the good ole USA). CPM154 stainless steel blades ensure it’ll stay sharp. Long week in a hot hot shop…ready to cool down and grab a bite.

Thanks for looking!
IMG_0073.jpeg

bullgator

Works of art.

georgia_home

That blade style is really nice! Along with a skinner blade, my two favorites.

good work! I do like the lighter color of the middle one

Big7

The Oracle
You do MOST EXCELLENT knife craft. Truly beautiful and functional.
:cheers: :clap::rockon:

If I had one constructive thing to say it would be to have some outfit like Bales Mold Service or Keith Engraving make you a stamp or roll marker. Those beautiful knives have the potential to serve for many, many generations. Laser engraving is cool looking new but those babies deserve a permanent mark, with your name featured on them prominently for the annals of history.

And.. With the proliferation of CNC machining you could pick up an obsolete 2D Pantagraph for very little money. They are very versatile for engraving.

Last edited:

godogs57

You do MOST EXCELLENT knife craft. Truly beautiful and functional.
:cheers: :clap::rockon:

If I had one constructive thing to say it would be to have some outfit like Bales Mold Service or Keith Engraving make you a stamp or roll marker. Those beautiful knives have the potential to serve for many, many generations. Laser engraving is cool looking new but those babies deserve a permanent mark, with your name featured on them for the annals of history.
Thanks for the kind words. My logo is permanently etched on my blade…not laser engraved. A stamp on the flat area of the blade, the ricasso, has been shown to actually weaken the blade at that spot in some cases. I can’t say IF I believe that statement because I’ve never experimented with a stamp on the ricasso.

Onward and upward!

Big7

The Oracle
Thanks for the kind words. My logo is permanently etched on my blade…not laser engraved. A stamp on the flat area of the blade, the ricasso, has been shown to actually weaken the blade at that spot in some cases. I can’t say IF I believe that statement because I’ve never experimented with a stamp on the ricasso.

Onward and upward!
I have some experience in stamping and it would have to be grossly disproportionate to the blade to make it measurably weaker or likely to fracture.

At any rate, you do most excellent work and are a master of your craft.

I wouldn't mind buying one off you but I'm bad about losing knives. I would CRY if I lost one of yours.

facepalm:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

ddavis1120

Those are really beautiful!

The ironwood always turns out very nice but I think you may be on to something with the Tasmanian Blackwood.

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic!