Christmas knives

godogs57

Some of the blades that kept me busy this last month. Thanks for looking and so sorry I haven’t posted earlier. This was maybe half of the blades I worked up in December. Back at it now that Santa has come and gone.
Top to bottom:
Damascus/snakewood beauty. Stayed close by.
IMG_1363.jpeg
Personal Hunter and desert ironwood. CPM154. Texas
IMG_1365.jpeg
Hunter in CPM154. Stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood (Australia) North GA
IMG_1367.jpeg
Damascus Hunter, Stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood. Went way out west.
IMG_1372.jpeg
Flint River Hunter, CPM154 and Stabilized Mango. Went to a good friend of mine.
IMG_1376.jpeg

tjchurch

I like em all. Number 2 and 5 really catch my eye. Awesome work Hank.

Toliver

godogs57

Agreed.

Do you ever set up at The Blade Show at the Cobb Galleria?
I’m at the Blade every year, but never have I had a table. 95+% of my work is orders/commission work. I’ve never had 30+ knives on hand at any one time in my life that you’d need to fill out a table. I might, say, be working on six orders at once…..depending on time availability, I might sneak in a spec knife in the bunch. Generally, it’ll go quickly.

patsam

Hank, Your work is always awesome. I'm sure I'll be back for more. You got me fixed up when I needed them!! I appreciate you, buddy!!

Toliver

I’m at the Blade every year, but never have I had a table. 95+% of my work is orders/commission work. I’ve never had 30+ knives on hand at any one time in my life that you’d need to fill out a table. I might, say, be working on six orders at once…..depending on time availability, I might sneak in a spec knife in the bunch. Generally, it’ll go quickly.
We've probably walked past each other. I missed it this year since I retired but I had been doing security there. I was absolutely amazed at the beauty and craftsmanship of some of those knives. And the pictures of yours is right up there with the best of them. I met some really good people from all over the country.

On a side note, it was one of the funniest (and dumbest) moments I ever had working a side job. A lady saw some people going into the show with backpacks and asked if I was going to pat them down for weapons. I actually laughed out loud at her and said, "lady, everyone here has weapons!" She wasn't there for the show and simply couldn't understand why I was so relaxed with "potential threats". I told her these were some of the best people around and I had no concerns. And if someone brought a gun to this knife fight it would be over before I could get to it. I was just basically there to clean up the mess. I hope to be back there this year just to see the people I've met in the past and look at more amazing knives.

godogs57

Diggin the CPM 154...
Great work!
LOVE CPM154. One of the “super” stainless steels, USA made resulting in cleaner steel, less inclusions. And it holds an edge a long time. Repeated this story many times: I’ve got pics of me shaving my homper legs AFTER that knife of mine had gutted and helped skin a bull elk, skinned and gutted two whitetail bucks. It’s a super good steel that anyone with some degree of skill in sharpening a blade…they can keep it sharp. Some of the other super steels….not so. Extremely difficult to sharpen.