Trophy Rock

Addicted to Antlers

Who uses Trophy Rock? Do you elevate the rock or put the rock on top of another rock? I heard it is recommended to get it off the ground to last longer.

earlthegoat2

I have used the block and the bags of the crushed stuff. I incorporate it into a general mineral lick with trace mineral salt and the phosphorus stuff. Dig it into the ground and watch the deer just show up.

I have used the block standalone and just put it on the ground. I have moved it around too and the deer still forage at the spot it was at.

DSGB

I put a few on a stump in my plot last year. The deer have been digging that thing up lately and I haven't put anything out since last year.

Attachments

• FB367AF5-CE1E-4F3B-8804-226207E7C374.jpeg
    FB367AF5-CE1E-4F3B-8804-226207E7C374.jpeg
    878.6 KB · Views: 41
  • FE1E1C05-5B89-4BDF-91CD-543A4DDF7E2B.jpeg
    FE1E1C05-5B89-4BDF-91CD-543A4DDF7E2B.jpeg
    950.6 KB · Views: 42

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
On the ground, except I had one in a clay hole that held water for an extended period. I put it on a concrete block. Deer in my area seem to love’em.

Tight Lines

I put them on stumps so that every time it rains, or even the moisture overnight from dew, runs off into the mineral lick and renews it...
IMG_2239.JPG

philtuts

I have had great results with Trophy Rock and the crushed Trophy Rock in a bag. I've had even better results with Maximizer minerals from Real World Wildlife Products. Great products, loaded with good stuff from what I understand.

coolbreezeroho

Had bucks and does fighting over the trophy rock sites. Try to put them on stumps or roots of scrub trees that you want to get rid of. The minerals soak in to the wood and last longer