Trout for 5 Year Old

Jkr4187

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I was planning to visit my parents in Toccoa this weekend and take my 5 year old boy to a pay to fish and keep trout farm nearby but just discovered it has closed for the season. He loves fishing and wants to catch something to keep and learn to clean it and cook it. We’ve been striking out lately when I take him in the boat so was thinking a pay to fish and keep trout pond would be perfect. Any ideas where I could take him within an hour of Toccoa? He’s probably not able to hike a long way into a stream or anything like that yet. Uses a spinning rod decently for his age though. Thanks in advance!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I was planning to visit my parents in Toccoa this weekend and take my 5 year old boy to a pay to fish and keep trout farm nearby but just discovered it has closed for the season. He loves fishing and wants to catch something to keep and learn to clean it and cook it. We’ve been striking out lately when I take him in the boat so was thinking a pay to fish and keep trout pond would be perfect. Any ideas where I could take him within an hour of Toccoa? He’s probably not able to hike a long way into a stream or anything like that yet. Uses a spinning rod decently for his age though. Thanks in advance!
Sorry, don't know anything about the area. But, great on you for trying to make this happen.. and great on him for wanting it to.

Fork Horn

How about Black Mountain trout ponds over in Suches? That’s about an hour from Toccoa. They are on Facebook so you would need to check their hours of operation but they are still open on the weekends.

basshappy

BANNED

I would call Andy's if that is an option to confirm they are closed. I have learned in life sometimes a closed door can actually be opened depending on the tools and methods used. You call and may find out indeed no fishing, or you find out an exception can be made. Might depend on your tactic and salemanship.

Geffellz18

How about Black Mountain trout ponds over in Suches? That’s about an hour from Toccoa. They are on Facebook so you would need to check their hours of operation but they are still open on the weekends.
This was where I was going to suggest too. Only been there once, but had a great time…While I was there, the Pautzke red/gold flake ball o fire were the ticket, tossed right near the pipe that feeds the pond.