Crappie thread 2024

Dupree

Time for a new thread for the new year.

Went out today for about 4 hours. Marked a lot of fish but they had lock jaw. Water was 50* and most fish were in 16’-20’. About 5:00pm they started hitting some. Ended up with 7 crappie and a bass. Biggest crappie was 1lb 12oz. Took a guy I built a house for in 2022 that got me permission on a piece of land to hunt and has been asking me to take him to catch some “specks” (he’s from Florida. ) He’s got a decent mess for him and his wife. IMG_2207.jpegIMG_2205.jpeg

KrappieKrane

Time for a new thread for the new year.

Went out today for about 4 hours. Marked a lot of fish but they had lock jaw. Water was 50* and most fish were in 16’-20’. About 5:00pm they started hitting some. Ended up with 7 crappie and a bass. Biggest crappie was 1lb 12oz. Took a guy I built a house for in 2022 that got me permission on a piece of land to hunt and has been asking me to take him to catch some “specks” (he’s from Florida. ) He’s got a decent mess for him and his wife. View attachment 1280354View attachment 1280355
Thanks for Starting the New Thread and Congrats on a successful Trip!
Hopefully, I add a few pics this year!

Dupree

Curious what lake you fish? I’m on Oconee and thinking it’s brush pile time. I was thinking about 20’ deep piles.
A 600 acre electric only reservoir.

Dupree

Fished for 2 hours yesterday evening. Wind was awful, and fish still had lock jaw. Caught 2 crappie and a bass. Water temp had dropped to 48*.

Dupree

The fish are still not acting right. I fished about 5 hours today. Threw back about a dozen small crappie and a bigger bass. Finally got me a mess for some fresh fried filets though. IMG_2219.jpeg

Dupree

Fished solo from lunch time until around 4:30. Bite was good from 1-3 in 20-24’ of water. Threw back a nice bass and about 20 crappie too small to filet. Put the biggest of the year in the boat today. IMG_2249.jpegIMG_2248.jpegIMG_2254.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice fish Dupree

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Got my boat out of the boat shed. Gonna give it a good cleaning tomorrow and may hit the lake tomorrow, definitely on Tuesday. Y’all see me on Oconee give a shout out!!
IMG_0529.jpeg