Turkey hunting and Fishing Trip5-13-05

MISSING RIDGE

Gone But Not Forgotten
Al and I hooked up for a turkey hunt (his last one this year)-boy have we had a great year- thanks to the Almighty God for His creation and blessings. We did not hear any gobblin from them Pesky Critters in South Bartow County so we went to the small farm pound in Calhoun and fished from about 11:00Am to 3:00PM- that Al has no mercy on an old man like me-he wore me out physically :rofl: :rofl: . We kept 34 crappie,seven bream,two fairly large catfish (that I caught) :fine: :fine: ,and 7 large mouth bass-boy it took me about 2 hours to clean all those fish. What a day! In one picture attached it's hard to tell which is the large mouth in the photo #1:bounce: :bounce: -I'll let you guess-we did turn this real big mouth back.Numerous other fish were caught and released. This pound needs some relief-fish removed. I was cooking some of the fish while the photo's were uploading am now eating a supper of catfish filets,bass fillets,crappie and a bream or two. The picture of Al using my Billy Buice maple call was one of his last attempts to make a Pesky Critter sound off-photo #2. Al chastized me for not putting a photo in so every one could easily tell which was the big mouth-as can plainly be seen it's the one in the snazzy white shorts and cap. :cheers:

Attachments

• DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00186.JPG
    DSC00186.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00190.JPG
    DSC00190.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00194.JPG
    DSC00194.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00187.JPG
    DSC00187.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Woody's Janitor

Y'all did have some fun !!!!!!!

gabowman

Sounds like you guys did have some fun today. If the pond is way too full of fish, you guys certainly did YOUR PART to help get a few out of it too. mmmmmmm.....nothing like fresh fried fish either! :bounce: :bounce:

GB

Al33

Here's my side of the story, and I'm sticking to it.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=20138

Apparently Mr. Butch didn't see this thread. :confused: :eek:

The fella is off chasing the toms again this morning. I wanna tell you he is tenacious about it. Three days last week he hunted until very late in the afternoons, only hearing a bird on one of these days. I don't know how he stood the heat. :huh: I swear, he has the patience of Job when it comes to hunting and fishing. :D