UGA 2023schedule announced

bilgerat

Senior
Man what a cake walk of a schedule
  • Sept. 2: Vs. UT-Martin, Athens, Ga.,
  • Sept. 9: Vs. Ball State, Athens, Ga.,
  • Sept. 16: Vs. South Carolina, Athens, Ga.
  • Sept. 23: Vs. UAB, Athens, Ga.,
  • Sept. 30: @ Auburn, Auburn, Ala.
  • Oct. 7: Vs. Kentucky, Athens, Ga.
  • Oct. 14.: @ Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tenn.
  • Oct. 21: Off
  • Oct. 28: Vs. Florida, Jacksonville, Fla.
  • Nov. 4: Vs. Missouri, Athens, Ga.,
  • Nov. 11: Vs. Ole Miss, Athens, Ga.
  • Nov. 18: @ Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
  • Nov. 25: Vs. Georgia Tech, Atlanta, Ga.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm for getting rid of the scrimmages and requiring conference play instead.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Some years are hard, some years are easier. I'm not complaining.

Part of the problem is other than Bama there's not much competition at the top of the SEC right now. It's pretty much Bama, Georgia and then everybody else. I wouldn't mind some close games and in fact I would prefer it. Having to work hard to beat a good opponent builds character that is needed at the end of the season.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Part of the problem is other than Bama there's not much competition at the top of the SEC right now. It's pretty much Bama, Georgia and then everybody else. I wouldn't mind some close games and in fact I would prefer it. Having to work hard to beat a good opponent builds character that is needed at the end of the season.
Wait. What? The sec is the most powerful conference in the universe ??

Tight Lines

So they had Oklahoma scheduled for next year but the sec directed Georgia and Oklahoma to cancel their series? What is that all about?
My understanding is since OU is joining in '25 they are forcing them not to play until then...not entirely sure of the logic...

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I would like see them implement the pod system, everyone play a bunch of conference games like Elfiii said.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
What reason could there be for them not to play next year?
Well, after the Dawgs made their Heisman Trophy winning QB cry like a little girl on National television a few years ago with a team possibly less talented than the current roster they could be afraid of them backing out of the deal when they get Kirb Stomped again.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Well, after the Dawgs made their Heisman Trophy winning QB cry like a little girl on National television a few years ago with a team possibly less talented than the current roster they could be afraid of them backing out of the deal when they get Kirb Stomped again.
Do what? That doesn’t even make sense.