UGA 2023schedule announced

Slingshot85

Do what? That doesn’t even make sense.
Made perfect sense to me. After making Baker Mayfield cry on TV with a weaker roster than the dawgs have right now. They are probably scared of getting embarrassed and deciding that entering the toughest conference in the nation might be a mistake. Better?

Madsnooker

OSU‘s schedule sets up well again for them next year. https://fbschedules.com/2023-ohio-state-football-schedule/
Ahh the Ole straw man argument. Bottom line is that is a weak schedule no mater how you slice it. I think the issue is though, and I have argued this for years, the reason it's weak is because it's compared to how good ga is. Same for OSU. You can call OSU whatever you want but there are plenty of other teams with weak schedules every year and I don't see them winning their conference most years and in the playoffs. Its hard to win every game or even all your games except one year in and year out. The reason ga schedule looks weak next year is because ga is so good and comparing all their opponents to them it will look like a weak schedule. The truth is many of those teams on their schedule are decent teams just like they are on OSU schedule. Playing wisky, Penn St and ttun in 3 of the last 5 games is not a cake walk. Should OSU win yes, but it's not a cake walk.

Ok back to biased bashing of schedules!!! Carry on boys!!!:LOL:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
The OU game was cancelled by the SEC. It has to do with them and Texas coming into the conference in the next few years and UGA not getting the agreed upon return trip to Athens by OU. I don't like it, as a season ticket holder it is getting old shelling out good money to go watch these cupcake games. We only have 2 decent home games this year with Auburn and UT coming to town. I get that some of these games are hard to avoid, but dang. Also from what I understand Ball State was pretty much the only option they had this late in the game. Most of these schedules are made 5-10yrs in advance. Tennessee had to cancel their game as well.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Ahh the Ole straw man argument. Bottom line is that is a weak schedule no mater how you slice it. I think the issue is though, and I have argued this for years, the reason it's weak is because it's compared to how good ga is. Same for OSU. You can call OSU whatever you want but there are plenty of other teams with weak schedules every year and I don't see them winning their conference most years and in the playoffs. Its hard to win every game or even all your games except one year in and year out. The reason ga schedule looks weak next year is because ga is so good and comparing all their opponents to them it will look like a weak schedule. The truth is many of those teams on their schedule are decent teams just like they are on OSU schedule. Playing wisky, Penn St and ttun in 3 of the last 5 games is not a cake walk. Should OSU win yes, but it's not a cake walk.

Ok back to biased bashing of schedules!!! Carry on boys!!!:LOL:
You must not of clicked the schedule link. I was making a joke about it showing only 3 teams (as of now) on the OSU schedule. That's why I said it sets up well for y'all! Win those 3 games and y'all in the playoffs! :bounce:

OSUSCHED.JPG

Madsnooker

You must not of clicked the schedule link. I was making a joke about it showing only 3 teams (as of now) on the OSU schedule. That's why I said it sets up well for y'all! Win those 3 games and y'all in the playoffs! :bounce:

View attachment 1178260
No I didn't.:oops: Lol
That is funny. Wonder why it only shows 3 games? I'm guessing all the remaining games are conference games and they aren't decided yet?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
That article makes no sense, Why would the Sec tell them not to play but Texas and Alabama play again in 2023.
Because Texas AT Alabama is the 2nd half of the Home and Home they scheduled. Under the terms of the Georgia/Oklahoma Home and Home, Georgia would go to Oklahoma next year but with Oklahoma joining Oklahoma would not be reciprocating as was originally agreed upon without it now being a conference match up.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

View attachment 1178260
Just not updated, I suppose. And some games may not be finalized just yet.

00Beau

Because Texas AT Alabama is the 2nd half of the Home and Home they scheduled. Under the terms of the Georgia/Oklahoma Home and Home, Georgia would go to Oklahoma next year but with Oklahoma joining Oklahoma would not be reciprocating as was originally agreed upon without it now being a conference match up.
I understand that, but it could be canceled and schedule rearranged if another School is required to do it. Hey, I am good playing Texas again. Just odd they change OU/Ga.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
The OU game was cancelled by the SEC. It has to do with them and Texas coming into the conference in the next few years and UGA not getting the agreed upon return trip to Athens by OU. I don't like it, as a season ticket holder it is getting old shelling out good money to go watch these cupcake games. We only have 2 decent home games this year with Auburn and UT coming to town. I get that some of these games are hard to avoid, but dang. Also from what I understand Ball State was pretty much the only option they had this late in the game. Most of these schedules are made 5-10yrs in advance. Tennessee had to cancel their game as well.
So why didn’t the sec make Alabama cancel their game against Texas. I think it has to do with the sec trying to keep 2 teams in the playoff. IF the dawgs lost to Oklahoma then the seccg they are out of the playoff. They could have kept the other home game on the schedule.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
What an excuse. ?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Just not updated, I suppose. And some games may not be finalized just yet.
Not sure why they aren’t scheduled. It will be nine conference games and they already know which crossover teams they play. Maybe have to figure out dates?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
So why didn’t the sec make Alabama cancel their game against Texas. I think it has to do with the sec trying to keep 2 teams in the playoff. IF the dawgs lost to Oklahoma then the seccg they are out of the playoff. They could have kept the other home game on the schedule.

Bama plays Texas next season Sept 9 repaying the trip out to Austin this fall. The return trip being next year won't be affected by them joining the conference. The return trip with OU coming to Athens was schededuled for 2031, which obviously would be affected by them joining the conference. I has nothing to do with 2 teams in the playoffs,,,,,,,,

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Bama plays Texas next season Sept 9 repaying the trip out to Austin this fall. The return trip being next year won't be affected by them joining the conference. The return trip with OU coming to Athens was schededuled for 2031, which obviously would be affected by them joining the conference. I has nothing to do with 2 teams in the playoffs,,,,,,,,
Quit trying ? And Go Dawgs living rent free ?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
What kind of effect would it have? They could have left the 2031 game on the schedule.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
What kind of effect would it have? They could have left the 2031 game on the schedule.
Who know and at this point who cares. The schools didn't cancel it of their own free will, the league told them to. Their prerogative.

It's like asking " Why, after setting SPECIFIC guidelines for post season inclusion, did the B1G toss them out the window simply because their darling didn't qualify?"

Goatman70

Doesn't matter what the schedule is if'n you don't lose! GO DAWGS

Unicoidawg

Staff member

Who knows?????? If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his hind end. It is what it is at this point. UGA did what the SEC office told them to do.